Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy that is looking at doing the delete and he was wanting to know how hard is it to do yourself and how long does it take. And which kit would be the best to go with. He has already done the dpf delete. What will he need to do to get the engine lights off if he does the egr delete. And anymore info will be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Its really easy to do, around an hour by yourself. If he's getting rid of the cooler too, he'll need a 15mm crows foot wrench. I'm running the H&S kit, but there are a bunch out there. They're pretty much all the same.

When he did his DPF delete, is he running SIMS or a programmer? If he's running a programmer it should clear the CEL. I'm not sure about the SIMS

Hope that helps

Reactions: BigC2007

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had a super chips on it but the clutch would not hold and he took it off. What do you mean by SIMS and CEL. As you can see I have a 5.9 so I dont no what it means and neither does he. And I ordered the H&S for him to so whenever it comes in ill get to put it on his truck. Does it help the turbo whistle. That is all he really wants is for it to be as loud as mine. Or louder than what it is. thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have him pull the air silencer out of the intake tube, take it loose from the airbox reach in and pull it out more whistle !!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have already did that thanks anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts