Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just seen that EFI came through for us CTT and PPEI are now able to flash the 19's via efi so let the shake down begin woohoo

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All they done was crack the ECM. Tuning it reliably is a whole other challenge.
yeah I understand that that's what I meant by shake down work out all the bugs and what not the key thing is they have flash capabilities

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure if you guys seen but ctt released a video of test and tune emissions intact tuning they got 502hp at the wheels. progress looks good still nothing for the public yet

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Can’t wait to see

Emissions intact would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Firepunks working on some emissions tuning. Lavon already ghetto fogged his to 500 lol

I’m sure the motor can handle it but can the emissions system, thats the question

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m sure the motor can handle it but can the emissions system, thats the question

I know Nick from cummins tuner or whatever it's called now they have a 2018 that's been running 500whp tune emissions intact for 40k miles no hickups

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I know Nick from cummins tuner or whatever it's called now they have a 2018 that's been running 500whp tune emissions intact for 40k miles no hickups

That’s what I’m looking for. EGRless tuning would be a major polis but I don’t think they do that either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2018 has the CTT emissions intact tune, EGR and DEF do NOT function.
I have removed my EGR and Cross over pipe to place a By-Pass oil filter. I have Regens right at 800 miles, that tells me it is due to a timer, not due to a full filter.

I LOVE it.
Clean oil
Clean tail Pipe
Great power and shifting.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 2018 has the CTT emissions intact tune, EGR and DEF do NOT function.
I have removed my EGR and Cross over pipe to place a By-Pass oil filter. I have Regens right at 800 miles, that tells me it is due to a timer, not due to a full filter.

I LOVE it.
Clean oil
Clean tail Pipe
Great power and shifting.
technically that's not emissions intact with the egr and def not functioning it's 2/3's deleted. what we're talking about is 100% as stock just tuned

·
Registered
330 Posts
not sure if you guys seen but ctt released a video of test and tune emissions intact tuning they got 502hp at the wheels. progress looks good still nothing for the public yet
following. Could this affect AISIN torque management off the line or does it just give you better power up high?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
following. Could this affect AISIN torque management off the line or does it just give you better power up high?
to my knowledge there is still no trans tuning for the aisin but you would need to talk to ctt to see if there's anything that could be done with torque management without trans tuning

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Screw emissions intact tuning. Just do full deletes. And who give a s*%( about the epa or law.

That's what I am waiting for is when we have full deletes for the 2019s.
have you been living under a rock the last few days, as of today it will be almost impossible to get delete parts and delete tuning the epa banned ALL emissions defeating hard parts and tuning can no longer get away with off-highway / race use only any vehicle that came with emissions equipment can not be altered. check out PPEI's site it was posted on there also PPEI's fb page diesel motorsports is completely F'd. unless you want to move to canada or mexico

·
Registered
57 Posts
Screw emissions intact tuning. Just do full deletes. And who give a s*%( about the epa or law.

That's what I am waiting for is when we have full deletes for the 2019s.
You'll likely have to buy parts you need in Canada, I understand there are now enough restrictions and tough enforcement on resellers meaning you won't be able to purchase in the US anymore. I got mine from MotorOps if that helps. Nothing for 2019 yet.

·
Registered
491 Posts
have you been living under a rock the last few days, as of today it will be almost impossible to get delete parts and delete tuning the epa banned ALL emissions defeating hard parts and tuning can no longer get away with off-highway / race use only any vehicle that came with emissions equipment can not be altered. check out PPEI's site it was posted on there also PPEI's fb page diesel motorsports is completely F'd. unless you want to move to canada or mexico
its not that hard to get deletes.... there are 5 companies in just my state alone that do deletes....

·
Registered
422 Posts
To me the ideal thing is a tune that turns off the EGR, turns off the DEF sensors so you can run water instead of DEF in the tank and keeps all exhaust system components in place. You would run clean with no DEF hassles.

That is what near everyone runs on the Ecodiesel. It comes from GDE or SFT tunes. I would jump on one in a heartbeat as there's nothing for a dealer to see and with them there has never been a warranty issue reported.***

***Just today the GDE site is showing "Sold Out" on all their tuning products. That tells me they are not doing business right now. If it means more than that, what about ALL the other tuning operations?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts