Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im pretty new to the diesel world, and im learning as i go. i recently got an efi live tuner from someone selling it used but after purchasing i learned that it is meant for 2010-2012 6.7 cummins, i have a 2008 6,7 cummins. if i get a new vin license and tunes for my vehicle onto the device will this tuner work with my truck? i dont wanna spend money on tunes if i need to get a different tuner

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
It should cuz it stores and delivers info . a new file shouldn't Be troubling
I can got to any tuner if I wanted .
Just need to pay what on license stuff.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
08 Cummins
2,119 Posts
hey guys im pretty new to the diesel world, and im learning as i go. i recently got an efi live tuner from someone selling it used but after purchasing i learned that it is meant for 2010-2012 6.7 cummins, i have a 2008 6,7 cummins. if i get a new vin license and tunes for my vehicle onto the device will this tuner work with my truck? i dont wanna spend money on tunes if i need to get a different tuner
I'm assuming it's an EFILive AutoCal. The AutoCal will support any Dodge Cummins from 2006-2018. It is a delivery device only though. It does not come pre-loaded with tunes, you must buy those from the tuner of your choice and the tunes are vehicle specific. Most tuners lock their tunes to your VIN so they can only be used on that specific vehicle.

As long as the AutoCal is not locked to a specific tuner, you can get a VIN license and go to whom ever you want to use for tunes. If it is locked to a specific tuner, you will have to buy tunes from them, or get them to unlock it so you can get tunes from someone else.

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,475 Posts
Ill shoot you a message bud and see if we can help ya out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts