Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i got a 6.7 ram i was towing this past weekend in pa. and stopped to get a drink after i dropped the trailer. Seen some guy's with trucks so i did the only thing a cumminz driver would do go check out the comp.

Now 1 guy efi live 2-3 had edge and 2 had mm nice rigs so after talking for about hr or so we hit the street's to play around. The mm as i expected the edge the same i had both before and run an edge now fully deleted.

Now i have a mega cab 3500 dually this guy had 2500 sw and i took him every time with his efi live only one that kinda stuck with me was the mm with the trans tune.

So now i was thinking efi live cause my cts won't work cause the diode or some went out on the eas and edge won't do crap about it but the tune it was last stuck in is working.
But after this i want to run from efi live but most say it was who ever tuned it for him but for seeing it run for first time i'm still kinda worried.

So is there anyone with efi live that i can go to to have this done in central nj or atleast a guy with efi live on his truck the right way i could meet up with and see?

Cause now with the efi live being able to trans tune and delete tune and shift on fly i'm all for it after waiting for ever lol. But again after what i seen i'm real worried and once i seen and was next to one i was really pumped up and than let down fast.

This is what i got cause i know everyone going to ask lmao.
2007.5 dodge 6.7 ram 3500 mega cab dually 4x4 auto I have S&B AIRFILTER - AIRDOG 165 - DIAMOND EYE 4" TB - EDGE CTS JWA RACE - I tow trailers I plow It is my daily driver I rip with it when i can for fun. I don't go anywhere less than 100mph almost all the time only thing i know is on and off lol.

Thanks for Info.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
Not sure where you got it but EFI Live does not tune the trans and it is not shift on the fly for 6.7s. You dont need anyone close to tune your truck with EFI Live. Tuners tune trucks all over the world remotely. I cant see an edge tuned truck sticking with a truck with a mm or a truck with a good efi live tune.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I haven't ran a truck running edge but I do know that when I made the switch from box h&s tuning to custom tuning it was a big difference. It really is who does your tuning. And who knows that guy with efi could have not even had a race tune. Maybe just a mileage tune or something

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,359 Posts
holy sore eyeballs..i think i can make sense. EFI tuning varies by vehicle and by tuner, there are not "set power levels" like edge or canned MM tunes. also EFI does not offer transmission tuning. The guy you beat who has EFI may not have a very aggressive tune on there. for isntance...i am running a economy tune...modestly maybe 50hp increase but its more about how the engine burns the fuel as opposed to just dumping more fuel in there. Do some more research before you write off EFI live. there are tons of great tuners out there.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I'll venture to say that guy that was said to be running "efi live" and it was a 6.7 gave you that info about trans tuning/shift on the fly, may not have even been running efi live haha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll venture to say that guy that was said to be running "efi live" and it was a 6.7 gave you that info about trans tuning/shift on the fly, may not have even been running efi live haha.
This is where i got the info. from and i see he was wrong and i'm not sure what tune he had or who did it for him as i'm just going on what he said.

I just did a search and says efi live is working on shift on fly for 6.7 i think it was stated about a yr ago. So i'm thinking they never did it? I also thought myself you could do a trans. tune with efi live since you can tune so much with it.

If this is the case than the MM with MCC seems to be the way to go but i had an MM and didn't like it but than again i didn't have a trans tune or MCC.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I can tell you that EFI live beats the heck out of the bully dog from personal experience lol. Any way as said above EFI is not shift on the fly for the 6.7.... Yet (fingers crossed) Also as stated it does not change your transmission tuning (the TCM has to be flashed)

Also any thing can happen on the street. Fuel issues, traction issues, transmission issues, poor tuning, and so on.

·
Esquire
1,437 Posts
EFI Live is the way to go.
:agree2: 3brorce speaks the truth. Been running it since I think Sept. last year. I have beaten a couple Subarus and a DMax. I don't race professionally yet, this is all street. Now, the dmax guy said he wasn't on his top tune. Well neither was I but I figured he was fast because he had a stack. :hehe:
Anyways, EFI :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
No it cant and you dont need trans tuning with a 48re bud.

Some tuners custom tune tcms. EFI Live with a custom tuned tcm is the way to go OP. No, there is no shift on the fly for 6.7s yet.
I really liked the way efi improved the driveability of my truck, it was more responsive. the more mods you get the more youll benefit from a efi tune.
on the trani thing. ive driven my truck with and without a tcm tune on efi live and with mini max. and I really appreciate the firmer shifts and low speed down shifting. kept temps cooler and mileage went up a little.

I tuned tcm with hns then used auto cal. to flash pcm back to stock and flashed efi in. that's how I accomplished the trani tune with the efi live. wasn't sure it would work together but so far so good. I still use the mini max to monitor gauges. boost reads almost 50psi now. a more accurate reading I think without the fooling the mini max does.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I love my efi from anarchy plug it in set your tune and enjoy. I've had zero problems and seen 24 to 26

·
Registered
888 Posts
I ran a BULLYDOG on my 2004.5 and when i traded up for my 2007.5-6.7L, I ran the BULLYDOG for 48K on Performance and it did 'good', but after deletes with EFI LIVE, to Me it is hands down the best. I'm almost at 65K now and it has been flawless. I have it at 400RWHP. MY $.02

·
Registered
413 Posts
I used to run the Edge race with hot unlock before the EFI live and I will tell you with ouy a doubt that the Edge cant keep up with the EFI with Anarchy tune. Not a chance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts