Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, but I’m talking with a guy who is going to use his EFI live to do an EGR delete (leaving the EGR and cooler in place, just shutting in the valves in the tune).

2016 Ram 2500, 6.7L

My question is 2 layers;
1st, is this an acceptable option or should I remove the existing EGR and block it off?
2nd, this gentleman is talking about using his EFI love to tune my truck. If I don’t have the actual tuner, what happens if I have to have some major work done on it and the mechanic tells me that I need to re-flash my truck to stock? Does this happen? Should I invest in my own tuner? I need feed back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuner recommendations? I cant trust a damn thing off the internet. It’s all adds.

I haven’t owned a diesel in about 5 years and I had a mechanic friend who tended to my truck. I’m flying blind these days. I’m not into racing, but overall health of my motor.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have and like my EZLYNK AUTO AGENT 2.0 with CTT Tuning. I also have the SOTF switch for selecting tunes on the fly. You can use your phone for a gauge display and setup what you want to see. IMO, this is the best setup you can get and the tune files can be downloaded to your phone and programmed into the truck without the use of a PC/Laptop from anywhere at any time. I recommend the SOTF switch.

I removed everything and would recommend it!

You'll also need to relearn the transmissions shift memory after programming the PCM!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I have the exact same set up as URDiesel.

I’m very happy with it, especially using a phone for the gauge display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the same setup as the two above me. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Do you have a rough estimate of what I should expect to pay for the ez lynx and ctt tunes,,, and are the CTT tunes all the same that I guess you have to get from CTT dealers or are all the tunes the same

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts