Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a edge juice. I installed the monitor and all the harrenst except the deal that u have to drill into the inake manifold. What do I need to do to put that in my truck like how do I drill and what will it help in my truck. Cuz I'm already using the programmer. Its running fine to me but looks like that deal will help my truck

·
Registered
751 Posts
that piece is how the monitor reads the egt

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
you should be drilling into the exhaust manifold and its for egt's so you know if your running the truck to hot and hard. its mostly for safety

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
It's the EGT probe. Should go into the exhaust manifold. Not the intake manifold. Search on here and you'll find MANY threads about how to install it. It won't change anything on your truck, it'll just make it so the Attitude monitor can measure the Exhaust Gas Temps. It's a good thing!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my screen it shows me my boost and egt's already and I don't have that one peice on my truck

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
the egt's will show but it wont be reading anything just saying numbers, and you do have an exhaust manifold on your truck

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O ok cuz it's sayin there like at a 100 degrees so it wrong then huh

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
It will move around all the time too. Very fast at that. Just touch the fuel and it'll move up and then come back down.

·
Registered
503 Posts
no he doesnt, but he has a intake manifold.:lol3::rof i am sorry we shouldnt laugh at him. trust him take it somewhere and have it done. just dont tell them you dont have a exhaust manifold.:rof

·
Registered
245 Posts
I thought the new 6.7's didn't come with exhaust manifolds?:w::rof:rof

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Well give a guy a chance to learn here folks, at least he is here reading and asking questions to learn.

Cummins2693: I would take it to a performance shop and have them install the EGT probe for you. Should only be about $50 to get it done right. Just make sure they put in Pre-Turbo in the Exhaust Manifold and not After the Turbo.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I took it to a shop and they installed mine after the turbo at the very top of the downpipe, I see about 800 cruisin 75 and rarely ever even see 1000 with everything cranked, so how far off can my readings be as opposed to being in manifold?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have mine pre turbo and when i get on it, its not rare to see 1400-1500..cruisin 75 it is normally around 1000 or so.. and i agree with cowboy here, there is no need bashin someone on here..this site is here to help people, not make fun of them..

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Well give a guy a chance to learn here folks, at least he is here reading and asking questions to learn.
x2 not everyone knows everything about diesels or we wouldnt have forums, thats f ed up making fun of someone trying to learn

1 - 20 of 45 Posts