Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing some posts a while ago about what settings are best for certain duties but cant find it now. I am running this set up and am wanting to know what other users are suggesting for the best performance. Im looking for things like best fuel mileage, best for towing, I think I can figure out what is best for power. Just stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
Depending on what terrain you tow over. I wouldnt go over 2 when towing. I live around some mountains and when I towed on 4-5-6 my EGTS would hit the roof quick

· Registered
841 Posts
My best mileage is Edge on 5 with low end responsiveness set to lowest setting and my MP8 set at about 80%. For towing, I keep my Edge set at 2 because of my EGT's. MP8 setting doesn't seem to matter for towing as far as EGT's are concerned, so I keep it at 80% for towing.

· Registered
260 Posts
I get the best fuel economy with edge on 6 and MP8 on 100%. If i'm towing i leave it the same as long as i'm not running steep hills on the passes i drop it to 80% and edge on 4. Running both on max i just stay off the throttle keep it around 1500 RPM's and just let the tranny shift, that works well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.