Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the SC, it's alright, i have an edge in mail right now, should i keep the SC and run them both, or just run edge, or sell the edge and just run the SC? I don't race, I don't sledpull, i haul a 13k fifth wheel, and am looking at better mileage and of course some more ponies. if i run them both with the mp-8 should i do a fass or airdog or something of that nature? thanks for anyput guys and gals

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just send the SC to me in the mail. I will put it on my truck and let you know how it works. :p

If you arent running for HIGH HP #s then there is no need to stack all 3. It would be for race type stuff only. I pulled today with the Edge and MP-8 cranked and i had enough power to hit any speed on any hill i wanted. Had to really back out of it climbing hills. EGTs never got over 700* post turbo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm running both the edge and the SC. I noticed alot better fuel mileage with these two stacked. I keep the SC on tow and mess with the edge. I'd run 'em both - just don't be stupid with it

·
Registered
721 Posts
I run all mine, I just don't drive like an idiot. I didn't see much milage increase from either the SC or the Edge, but I saw some with the MP-8 and the Edge more so than the MP-8 and Sc stack. I do like the drivability of the SC over the Edge. Up to you, If you don't need it, send it to Comp or put on ebay.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Edge and SC stacked? Cool. I've been told that the SC advances your timing to make power, so how does the juice make power? For a while I thought they made power the same way, 'cept the Juice made more of it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess you just keep stop timing on the edge, and it advances fuel flow? someone correct me on the edge if i'm wrong, but that makes sense on how you can stack all three, rail pressure, timing, fuel flow... i think. i would like to know if i'm confused.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
The edge does modify timing a little but mostly changes the injector pulse and duration for its power. Bully Dog is mostly timing like the SC is. Stacking them you will get a knock. Runs crazy fast though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts