Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge timing options

925 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Yellow68SS
I have been playing around with the timing options on the edge. It maybe me but it seems that the truck is more responsive when the timing is set to stock and the power levels are higher than the mileage setting. Any idea if doing this is good or bad? Cowboy you seem to be on the front of these 6.7's.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts
Comp doesn't have the timming option:lol3: I do!

Never played with it. Cant afford the fuel:rof, If I get a chance I'll let you know, mine's curently set to stock due to the SC stack.

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Comp doesn't have the timming option:lol3: I do!

Never played with it. Cant afford the fuel:rof, If I get a chance I'll let you know, mine's curently set to stock due to the SC stack.
He is right. I dont have the timing option on mine.

· Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I have been playing around with the timing options on the edge. It maybe me but it seems that the truck is more responsive when the timing is set to stock and the power levels are higher than the mileage setting. Any idea if doing this is good or bad? Cowboy you seem to be on the front of these 6.7's.
You're not going to hurt anything with it on the stock setting. That setting is mainly intended for those that are stacking with another tuner that adds its own timing.

Also, most people are seeing the best mileage with the Juice on level 3 or higher. I did not notice any increase on mine when I had it set to the mileage setting.

· Registered
125 Posts
so how do you know if your edge has the timing option?

· Registered
152 Posts
juice stack

i have the timing option and my mp8 should be here friday should i set the timming to stock on the edge or just leave it at juice will it be fine with the stack thanks guys

· Premium Member
2,622 Posts
i have the timing option and my mp8 should be here friday should i set the timming to stock on the edge or just leave it at juice will it be fine with the stack thanks guys
With the MP-8, leave it on the Juice timing:thumbsup

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
so how do you know if your edge has the timing option?
The timing option is on the Same menu as the Low-end Responsiveness and other Settings.:thumbsup

· Registered
125 Posts
ok thanks compcowboy i will have to check that out once i get back home. thanks for the info.

· Registered
190 Posts
I run juice timing with Juice/mp-8 stack.....and stock when i run the pup as well. Other wise there is some crazy timing rattle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.