Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i set my turbo timer for 350 is this still to high or do i go lower?? i dont have the dpf delete yet, my egts arnt too bad, when i shut down it usually takes like 4-5min to turn off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what's a dpf delete?

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a dpf delete is just basically a 4'' or 5'' turbo back exaust that deletes the diesel particulate filter its basically a filter that cleans the soot out of the exaust (from what i understand lol) but u cant just put the exaust on u need the fooler box so your truck dosent detect that u took the dpf off!! basically thats it if i got it right!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
i have mine at 400 which thats what edge sent it at. but i have mine on the hot code, so my egt's are pritty high.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had mine at 320. It would take 5-7 mins. to shut off.
Now I did the EGR delete and lowered my turbo timer to 300 degrees. When not towing, it now takes 15-30 seconds to turn off after normal driving!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed my edge and my timer never comes on when using the temp, only the time seems to work.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I just installed my edge and my timer never comes on when using the temp, only the time seems to work.
is your probe pre or post turbo?? If it is after the turbo it will be alot cooler. If it is before you may have a bad thermocouple

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts