Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just bought a 2001 ctd and want to put a programmer on her.everyone I talk to says edge is the way to go but I was just wondering what everyone else thought. the diesel shop around here recomended a smarty but I'm only looking for a little performace not a pull truck plus a smarty doesnt come with the didital guage cluster so I see more cost in those. let me know what you guys think or if you have any other sugguestions

·
Registered
325 Posts
well if you are looking for somthing that wont let you harm your truck get an egde juice with att if you want to be able to go crazy get a comp box but then you need gauges the comp will let you do what you want and wont defuel you the juice will i have a juice and i dont like it all that much but i sled pull and drag race with mine and it defuels what you least expect it IMO

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
get an edge comp then do a 3 gauge pillar with egt's boost and fuel prssure

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so whats the differnce good or bad between a smarty and an edge comp box? is the edge better? and with either one what supporting mods am I going to need?

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
The edge comp is the same as the edge juice with attitude, minus the safety features and the guages. Get the juice with attitude. The smarty is only rated at like 65 h.p on our trucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
edge is better on the vp-pumped trucks. if you want the safety features and the gauges all in one package get the juice. the comp's better but u'll need gauges

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The adrenaline is bad arse and it comes with gauges and safety features

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I had the Edge Comp on my '99 and I loved it. As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with the Edge module for the main reason is you can adjust it on the fly. The Juice w/ Att works the same way with a few more safeguards and has the same power levels but I just prefer analog gauges over a digital screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts