Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge products

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Manier 
#1 ·
Trying to decide the best way to go, The evolution cts 2 or the juice cts 2. I haven't had a chance to call Edge to have them explain the main differences. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

#2 ·
i wouldnt go with either. go with HP tunes or a smarty depending on what kinda bump in power you are looking for.

#3 ·
What are your goals? Are you ok with higher rail pressure and EGTs?

#4 ·
Easy answer is the CTS2 is strictly a monitoring system. Fancy gauges is all it is and its pretty nice. The CTS2 with Juice is the above with a tuner. I cannot say if its a decent tuner or not worth a damn as I have no experience with it. I can however say its a canned tune as in one tune fits all trucks. Based on that I would say there are likely better tunes out there. If you want gauges and a small bump in power go for the juice. If you want gauges and plan major mods down the get the CTS2 and start studding on where you want to go with it and how to get there. Its all right here on this forum!

#5 ·
both of what he mentioned are tuners. the insight cts is the one that is just a monitor.

#6 ·
I had the evolution and can't complain as far as canned tunes go. The last guy was correct insight is just gauges. The main differences are how much time you waste. Evolution you must park, turn your truck off and download the tune. Feels like forever one mine sometimes upward of 20 min. The juice is tune on the fly haven't had one but I'm pretty sure switching tunes is instant hence the higher cost. Another difference is the evolution claims to make 25 more hp and also more torque for some reason which I could never understand? All in all I don't regret buying mine it will really wake your truck up but if you plan on doing major fuel/air modifications then don't get it. As stated it's a canned tune designed for a stock truck and you will not get the most out of your mods which is why I'm moving on to hp tuners now. Lastly whatever one you decide on get a Pyro and Trans temp gauge. neither come with it on my truck and mine does run hot and it will kill your Trans if it's stock and you abuse it

#9 ·
When looking at EDGE products, you want the Insight and only the Insight...

#10 ·
I had an Evolution CS on my truck then upgraded to a Juice with attitude CTS. The JWA is really nice because you can set backdown perimeters to help protect a stock engine. And it has built in engine cool down timer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.