Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting the juice this weekend. I have heard very negative thoughts about it for cummins. But have any of yall had any problems on yalls units. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I have sold plenty of Juice w/Attitudes and have never heard or recieved one complaint from any customers.

It is a great product with a good amount of power plus the convience of digital gauges on top of its many features.

You can not go wrong with it :peelout

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had my doubts also. So far I have been extremely satisfied with Edge. My Dad's got one on his D-max (which has a very similar injection system) and he say's nothing but good things. I'd say go for it. Well worth the money, especially considering you're going to have to buy gauges anyways.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. The majority of my friends run Edge in their Cummins as well and have nothing but good things to say about them. It's pricey but well worth it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
same here no problems with mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i also have only heard good things about edge the performance shop where i get my truck worked highly recommended the edge and said it was the best one for the money and have had hardly any problems so thats what im getting for my truck (as soon as i do the trans):lol3:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alrite thanks for the inputs, I want to get an inside scoop from the 6.7 owners.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
my roommate has had five replaced. the one he is on now has lasted the longest with no problems. its on a 06 dodge 5.9. Edge customer service is very good. all five have been at Edges cost on shipping and replacement.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard that before that dont get edge on a third gen. but i dont have a third gen.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've had Edge on 4 trucks. My 08 has been flawless, but I did have Edge Eze on my 03 that crapped out.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I don't have any complaints stemming from 6.7 Juice's.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I installed a refurb'd unit I bought from a fella on the board here. It was the correct edge module, but the software on the attitude unit was programmed for a "600 series" cummins. After a brief phone call to edge, they 2nd dayed me the correct attitude monitor, should be here today :beer

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed my edge juice with attitude last night and the only problem i had was finding the map sensor..i feel really dumb now knowing where it is but i just thought the directions were a little misleading..but the power is awesome..

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have wanted to get an Edge Juice w/Att. After doing some research, talking to sales reps at a performance store, and sending an email directly to Edge, I have given up. The customer service rep at Edge was really an idiot. Not only did he not answer my questions, but he couldn't even put a sentence together, or even spell correctly. I was really disappointed that somebody like that could change my outlook on the product so much.

I then talked to a salesman at 4WheelParts. I told him about my interactions with the Edge idiot. He said that he had an "in" at Edge. After he made a call, he told me "that the Juice w/Att was hit and miss with the 08 C&C 6.7L's. It works on some, but not all." That is what he was told by his "in" at Edge.

I am disappointed. Edge is a company that is close to my home.

I am holding out for a MP-8.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
the MP-8 will work on the c&c trucks as is. The Edge will not. As you found out already.

·
Registered
510 Posts
the MP-8 will work on the c&c trucks as is. The Edge will not. As you found out already.
Compcowboy- Do you know why it works on some, but not others?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I dont know. Just from what i have read in posts is most of the C&Cs it doesnt seem to work on.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The MP-8 is the only tuner that works 100% of the time on the C&C. As for the Edge not working it has to do with the different ECM programming on the C&C vs the regular pickups.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the edge juice with attitude and i just bought the accu pro pro comp tire calibrator and i have had no problems the speed ometer is right on with the 37" tires sitting on 22" wheels i never really go above setting 3 the drive setting the mileage setting works great and it it has really great options and safety features that work great for the average person with little or no experience with programmers and chips. i can set my max egt 1325 transmission slip defuel max boost 42lbs i love it i have several friends that use other brands and they only seem to have alot of problems i mean at level 3 with 42lbs of boost my truck will keep you in the back seat i never feel the need to turn it up any more......... i feel safe punching my truck with edge installed. the only downside to the edge is even when i put it on m0st smoke its only smokes a tiny lil bit but i do have a 5inch straight exh from the turbo. go with the edge you will be happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts