Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge/MP-8 Maxed Out

628 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  john2669
If I run my Edge on level 5 and MP-8 at 100% for daily driving will my tranny be ok. Can I romp on it at this setting and be ok? The box is empty so the tires will give. I know that a boost launch is a no no in 4x4. What does the low end responsiveness setting on the Edge do? Ive got it set at the highest on level 5 and the lowest on level 1. Thanks in advance for any imput
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Lowend responsiveness adjusts how much fuel is "dumped" at low boost levels. Lower levels provide less fuel at low boost so you will have a bit more lag and less smoke too. I dont have the 6.7 w the 6 speed auto but people who have been running chips stacked and turned all the way up have been breakng things over time..........

· Registered
841 Posts
I've had that stack for almost a year now. Most of my miles were put on the truck with the Edge on 5 and MP8 at 100%. I've done the occasional romp, but haven't gotten too crazy with it. You should be ok as long as you don't abuse the $hit out of it.

· Premium Member
420 Posts
for daily driving in stop and go city driving i leave the puck at 100% and the edge at no more then 3 but most of the time on 1. if im on the freeway then i put it on 6 since its a more constant speed. everyone has there own prefrence im just trying to save my tranny for one more year! its really hard though lol

· Banned
5,760 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
i have that stack and i drove the outa my pickup and my tranny dint last me 6 months.

· Registered
128 Posts
somethings going to give always dose, depends on how you drive, factory clutch lasted 14,000 km before it started to slip and thats with only the edge

· Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It still confuses me how, when you run the hell outta these trucks (box empty and not towin) where the tires can cut loose and the tranny still cant hold up, you would figure chrysler would make a tranny that could at least stand up to 500hp when the truck factory puts out 325hp. Ive always been taught that if your fishing for 10lb Bass you should use 15lb test line if you catch my drift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.