Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some mileage improvements as a result of installing these programmers.

Will be buying one, just dont know which one and am looking for some nos.from those who own one.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Check out my thread: "Edge Mileage Max Reports". I post up every tank with results. Keep in mind I've only got 15K on my truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is an 05

with 19,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edge Mileage Max thread

did not seem to make much of a difference in MPG. How aboutthe HYPER TECH MAX ENERGY ECON? Is there a thread I am missing on this one?

Will the Programmer Cos. return your money if you dont like the results? Or will they let you try one before you buy?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
did not seem to make much of a difference in MPG. How aboutthe HYPER TECH MAX ENERGY ECON? Is there a thread I am missing on this one?

Will the Programmer Cos. return your money if you dont like the results? Or will they let you try one before you buy?
I've read a lot on here where guys are getting good gains with a Smarty. That seems to be the best as far as MPG is concerned based on posts I've read. Also, our trucks will need several thousand more miles to see better MPG.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
so what is the magic #### in mileage.......for the truck to be officially broken in

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why buy a Programmer?

Do I hear that if you put more miles on the truck, we won't need a Program?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
the programmer will still increase it more, but for every truck break in time is different and stock you might not peak in mileage till 30k or more

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the new Bully Dog Triple Dog E3 Economy Downloader? It has two settings, stock and 50hp/100ftlbs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
surfram

Haven't heard of the Bully Dog, have any nos. for us?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I saw the new Bullydog programmer on the web the other day for under $400. Cheaper than a smarty jr or EZ. I would assume that the 50hp/100tq setting is all timing/duration. I guess it is still too new to know anything for sure unless a vendor on here has some inside info from Bullydog.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts

Bob Wagner offers a thirty day warranty on the Smarty. Keep it for twenty-nine days. If it sucks in your opinion,return it for a full refund.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm trying to be selective

when I buy a Programmer b/c of all the negative comments I read on this website on just about every Programmer that is made. If there are some that I have not read about, please educate me. Maybe I want too much, improved mileage for towing and non towing. Want to leave everything stock for now. Maybe my $$ would be better spent on a Cold Box and exhaust to get the desired result and forget about the Programmer.

I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a Programmer to come up with a "Craftsman" type warranty.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
when I buy a Programmer b/c of all the negative comments I read on this website on just about every Programmer that is made. If there are some that I have not read about, please educate me. Maybe I want too much, improved mileage for towing and non towing. Want to leave everything stock for now. Maybe my $$ would be better spent on a Cold Box and exhaust to get the desired result and forget about the Programmer.

I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a Programmer to come up with a "Craftsman" type warranty.
I've never heard anything negative about the Smarty. If that's too much power then you can get the Smarty Jr. That 30 day trail run from Bob sounds good. Personally I'd go that route. I will be making that purchase when I save enough.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bully Dog has communicated with me via email on their new Economy Model with a 10 hp boost. They will also give you a 30 day trial and seem to be a reputable company. 10 HP doesnt seem like much for $400, they say 2 to 6 MPG gain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an Edge Mileage max. I went from 16mpg to 19mpg, measured on my ScanGauge. Average speed ~ 60mph. We have a lot of hills in my area, so it's not all flat and easy :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just bought an Edge Mileage max. I went from 16mpg to 19mpg, measured on my ScanGauge. Average speed ~ 60mph. We have a lot of hills in my area, so it's not all flat and easy :)
Man that's good. How many miles on your truck?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rix,

that is quite an increase,3 MPG, 19%.

How many HP gain? Could you feel the HP gain?

What year and how many miles on it?

Do you tow? If you do, can you give us a no.?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts