Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the edge juice for the 03-04 models a pressure box? i for some reason am not sure, i thought it just added timing, and a little fuel, but i could be mistaken, can someone please chime in and explain? thanks... :thumbsup

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump bump... :popcorn:

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just kinda getting lerious bout my injectors, how long will they last? i dont drive like i stole it or anything, never have till i get supporting mods, just worried about the pressure... :thumbsup

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump bump... :lol3:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
a little pressure is not going to destroy your injectors. Some good filtration will help the cause.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have never heard anything about the Edge hurting the injectors until today. Just curious, but how would it hurt the injectors? Why would our '03-04s be any different than the newer models?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I have never heard anything about the Edge hurting the injectors until today. Just curious, but how would it hurt the injectors? Why would our '03-04s be any different than the newer models?
If you stack a 03-04s Edge juice with a pressure box you could have too much pressure and crack the injector bodies...on the 04.5-05 juices they only do duration and timing. I think since the 04.5+ have more pressure from the factory.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ok. I just wasn't sure since I've never heard this til today. Guess I won't be stacking!!! Not that I planned on it anyhow! I'm good with the power I have now!
Would a set of injectors be good to put on these trucks with the Edge Juice? Pros/cons?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Ok. I just wasn't sure since I've never heard this til today. Guess I won't be stacking!!! Not that I planned on it anyhow! I'm good with the power I have now!
Would a set of injectors be good to put on these trucks with the Edge Juice? Pros/cons?
Something in the 50-75rwhp range should work well with a stock cp3...much larger then 90 and you should look into cp3 mods.

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would be real good, but with that in mind, your looking at bigger injectors, a new fuel feed system to supply the rail(it will run dry), deffinately need to have more air flow in and out, so aftermarket intake and exhaust, and going to need a bigger turbo to keep the egt's down, so all in all be ready to spend the :$: to make the power... :thumbsup

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I've got some mods, I was just thinking about like a 50 Hp injector. IF and WHEN I need to replace the stockers. Probly won't until I HAVE to. Just because. But thanks again!!!! Thats why I love this site!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
is the edge juice for the 03-04 models a pressure box? i for some reason am not sure, i thought it just added timing, and a little fuel, but i could be mistaken, can someone please chime in and explain? thanks... :thumbsup
I have spoke with the Edge tech support in regards to the difference of the 03-04 and the 04.5-05 Juice module since I wanted to purchace one off of ebay.

The 03-04 raises fuel pressure and adjusts timing, this is exactly what a banks six gun does for all years. The 04.5 and newer juice does pulse width and timing. Dont know why edge changed though.

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have spoke with the Edge tech support in regards to the difference of the 03-04 and the 04.5-05 Juice module since I wanted to purchace one off of ebay.

The 03-04 raises fuel pressure and adjusts timing, this is exactly what a banks six gun does for all years. The 04.5 and newer juice does pulse width and timing. Dont know why edge changed though.
i figured because on the newer trucks with the 600 series engines, the fuel pressure is already higher, so anything more will deffinately do some kind of internal damage... :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
i figured because on the newer trucks with the 600 series engines, the fuel pressure is already higher, so anything more will deffinately do some kind of internal damage... :thumbsup
Yep they bumped up the rail pressure in the new trucks, 04.5+ that is...

·
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep they bumped up the rail pressure in the new trucks, 04.5+ that is...
how safe are the juice's in my 03 just normal driving, not hot rodding, cant afford injectors right now, waiting on the warrenty also... but i dont drive like i stole it, and so far no problems with the edge... :popcorn:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kiss the warranty good bye with the Juice. Also your a better man than me if you can keep your foot off the go pedal with the extra horsepower. Might want to get a new LP to help with fueling

·
5,249 Posts
Kiss the warranty good bye with the Juice. Also your a better man than me if you can keep your foot off the go pedal with the extra horsepower. Might want to get a new LP to help with fueling
already had warrenty work done one time, took it off a few days before i went and drove normal, never even knowed it was there, and the warrenty work was on the brakes

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
how safe are the juice's in my 03 just normal driving, not hot rodding, cant afford injectors right now, waiting on the warrenty also... but i dont drive like i stole it, and so far no problems with the edge... :popcorn:
Yeah odds are the juice is gonna void your warranty. A better lift pump will help cause the lift pumps on the 03-04.5 are pretty bad. A good lift pump really wakes up mods too!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I drive mine with the Juice on all the time. I just did a LP on mine last week I went with the BD pump. So far I really like it. Here's a pic.....

I rigged up the filters, and have less than $340 in the whole setup. Plus the ease of filter changes is nice. It's just a tweaked Carter pump, but it's much better than the stocker filter mounted pump these '03-'04s came with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts