Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am new to this forum and have alot about whoring pages making it so users cant find answers without reading 6 pages of bs. and today my first day on I saw alot of it. I have a basic question and i think i know the answer but I also know these 6.7l guru's have done it and have a answer

I have a 2008 dodge mega 6.7l automatic with edge juice with attitude stacked with quadzilla boost fooler.

My question: Can i take my dpf off and clear codes with the edge?

I have no dpf kit or module but a few months ago I acquired a full exhaust and gutted dpf and cats and ran it on truck for about 3500 miles with only a check engine light. then it went into contact dealer power reduced. With the edge am I able to prevent the limp mode or if it starts goin into 80% full can I stop and clear codes on start up?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Ok i am new to this forum and have alot about whoring pages making it so users cant find answers without reading 6 pages of bs. and today my first day on I saw alot of it. I have a basic question and i think i know the answer but I also know these 6.7l guru's have done it and have a answer

I have a 2008 dodge mega 6.7l automatic with edge juice with attitude stacked with quadzilla boost fooler.

My question: Can i take my dpf off and clear codes with the edge?

I have no dpf kit or module but a few months ago I acquired a full exhaust and gutted dpf and cats and ran it on truck for about 3500 miles with only a check engine light. then it went into contact dealer power reduced. With the edge am I able to prevent the limp mode or if it starts goin into 80% full can I stop and clear codes on start up?

Thanks
Clearing the codes with an Edge will only keep the check engine light off; nothing more. You either need to do a DIY dpf delete or buy pre-made electronics. That is the only way to stop the regen cycles and keep from going into limp mode.

There are instructions on this site that will show you how to do a DIY kit if you go that route.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Plenty of links to the DIY DPF Delete and it is also a sticky in the 6.7 tech article section. I am running a DIY DPF Delet with Edge w/Attitude and it runs great. I have no codes after startup when Edge clears them and could not be happier. You may, depending on your truck, have to experiment with the value of the resistors you use to prevent regen and the rest of the electronics but it is worth it. Do it now and you will be a happy camper!

:party018: :headbang: :party018: :headbang: :party018: :headbang:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts