Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried to find out as much as i can about programmers, and i kinda get the basics. But i was wanting to know exactly what these things do.

Ive read different things about rail pressure, timing, and boost fooling. Anyone that knows please feel free to put in your 2 cents.

Does the edge raise rail pressure? Is there anything i should know about future damage to injectors?

What does it do to timing? How much? With this timing can anything be damaged? if so what do i need to do to avoid damage (what perf parts would help avoid this issue)?

Turbo... Does the chip do anything to the turbo other than boost fooling? What do i need to do to avoid damaging the turbo?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
really? yall are killin me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i understand your questions i really do.. theres a thread about all this info at the top of one of the threads about this...

but... you sound a lil to paraonid about it..lol they all increase timing and rail pressure and they all move you into the catergory of tearing stuff up.. just to some search's using the search box.

i will tell you that the EDGE juice w/attitude is prolly the safest for a stock truck just plan on buying a tranny if you run it on 4 and 5 .... good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the edge juice w/a i love it u dont need to buy gauges u can shift the settings on the fly. you can also set it up to defuel to keep from junking anything. i looked 3months b4 i ever bought one i love it. the egt s run the same on my truck as they did b4 i put it on.

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Ive tried to find out as much as i can about programmers, and i kinda get the basics. But i was wanting to know exactly what these things do.

Ive read different things about rail pressure, timing, and boost fooling. Anyone that knows please feel free to put in your 2 cents.

Does the edge raise rail pressure? Is there anything i should know about future damage to injectors?

What does it do to timing? How much? With this timing can anything be damaged? if so what do i need to do to avoid damage (what perf parts would help avoid this issue)?

Turbo... Does the chip do anything to the turbo other than boost fooling? What do i need to do to avoid damaging the turbo?
The Edge J/A does not raise rail pressure on the 04.5 up trucks so no need to worry. Only thing that you should do is install a better fuel filter like a 2mic along with your stock fuel filter, there are plenty of threads on that.
The Edge does raise timing but not enough to damage anything. Timing is a good thing it helps with mileage, hp and cool the egts. To much timing can be a bad thing also as it creats alot of cyclender pressure and it sprays fuel outside of the bowls, not good for pistons and head gaskets.
The Edge doesnt really boost fool it remaps the signal before it goes to the ecm. Only thing to worry about the stock turbo is try to keep boost under 40#'s, it will live alot longer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What should i set my egt's to defuel at? mods on signature correct except power pup.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Get the hot unlock it makes the edge pretty nasty

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dual disc -- Yes

what is the aboslute MAX for egt's? Like holy crap somthins fixin to blow?

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I dont like to go over 1500 ever bc then u start flirting with danger

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
I would be concerned about running the hot unlock on a stock turbo but I bet it will last for a while. As said, the Edge advances timing, and it also adds duration. That is, it keeps the injectors open and spraying fuel longer than normal. No added pressure with an Edge on the third gens. It does nothing to the turbo, other than supply more fuel, which will raise the boost level. The Juice does boost fool. I have seen up to around 42 psi with the Juice. My EGT never got real high, but I never got the hot unlock either. I think its a good box, and a good way for a beginner to start modding and learning about his truck, until he is ready to take it to the next level. I would always suggest getting a used one out of the classified section, as they are pretty expensive new.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be concerned about running the hot unlock on a stock turbo but I bet it will last for a while. As said, the Edge advances timing, and it also adds duration. That is, it keeps the injectors open and spraying fuel longer than normal. No added pressure with an Edge on the third gens. It does nothing to the turbo, other than supply more fuel, which will raise the boost level. The Juice does boost fool. I have seen up to around 42 psi with the Juice. My EGT never got real high, but I never got the hot unlock either. I think its a good box, and a good way for a beginner to start modding and learning about his truck, until he is ready to take it to the next level. I would always suggest getting a used one out of the classified section, as they are pretty expensive new.

:agree2::agree2: Thats what i did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts