Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just got back from Diesel Nut Motorsports where myself, Billy, and Jason installed my Edge Juice w/Attitude. First off I wanna thank those guys so much for taking their time to help me with my rig. They are some stand up guys and do A+++ work. The install was fairly painless with the EGT bung drilling being the only tedious task.

Once we were done with the install, I proceeded to configure the Edge to my likings. First and foremost setting the DTC/CEL codes to clear on start up. :woot:

Secondly dialing in the low end responsiveness on all the maps. Then from there just adjusting various limits for boost and EGT's.

Lastly Jason caught once thing I over looked and that was the Timing setting. I left it as Juice timing, not taking into account that my EGR is blocked which left some timing on the platter as well as I'm stacking it with a BD pup on performance. He promptly set it to STOCK timing to keep everything safe, since as most of you know the BD pup adds a butt load of timing. After that just set the displays that I wanted and I was set for a test spin.

First driving impressions, well first off is HOLY CRAP!! This thing gets up REALLY fast. I initially took the truck out of the shop on level 3. Wow the power is so smooth the stack before I knew it I was hitting 90-95mph. The gauges is an awesome feature since I never had any in the truck.

Lastly I wanna confirm that I haven't heard any more knock from the engine since this stack, but I've only went to level 4 since I don't feel safe pushing the stock lift pump this far.

Diesel Nut Motorsports fuggin kicks arse!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the timing adjustment in the Edge or the Bully Dog, because I don't remember seeing anything about timing in my Edge program.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Did you take your manifold off when you drilled it? Im going to be installing a set of gauges soon and im scared to drill the manifold with it on the truck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does it actually say timing or is it the low end responsiveness setting you are talking about. I have nothing under my menu that says timing.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it actually say timing or is it the low end responsiveness setting you are talking about. I have nothing under my menu that says timing.
You might have an older Edge unit, but in my Juice config menu it is on the very bottom. It says Timing option, its right below low end responsiveness. If you don't have that I don't know what to say. Mine Edge unit was just made on 3/27/2008.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you take your manifold off when you drilled it? Im going to be installing a set of gauges soon and im scared to drill the manifold with it on the truck.
Nope no need to do that. Just drill a pilot hole then use the correct bit for the 1/8" NPT tap.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have the timing setting on mine. Did it make your EGR knock go away or was it just the BD knock?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Congrats on the egde. I dont have the timing setting. I got my edge in the begining of september.

I am just curious how stacking got rid of the knock? Usally stacking adds to the knock with lack of fuel from the stock pump.

Adam what setting do you have your pup on? Tow or Performance?

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am just curious how stacking got rid of the knock? Usally stacking adds to the knock with lack of fuel from the stock pump.

Adam what setting do you have your pup on? Tow or Performance?
I'm running it on performance. I'm not really sure how it killed the knock, but from what I observed and heard so far there is no more knocking.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Thats awesome to here it running good. I have my pup on tow, edge 1 low end highest and MP-8 75% for now to get a base start on my new mpg since I got the AX flash and will tweak from there.

What version do you have on your pup, V2.1.4? I went from V2.0.6 to V2.1.4. When the dealer G30ed and AXed my truck I listened close to the engine and then downloaded the pup tune and heard no differance in rattle even when reving it up.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats awesome to here it running good. I have my pup on tow, edge 1 low end highest and MP-8 75% for now to get a base start on my new mpg since I got the AX flash and will tweak from there.

What version do you have on your pup, V2.1.4? I went from V2.0.6 to V2.1.4. When the dealer G30ed and AXed my truck I listened close to the engine and then downloaded the pup tune and heard no differance in rattle even when reving it up.
I'm running V2.1.3. The 2.1.4 is not needed for my AU flash, not to mention the 2.1.4 was causing the Cat Full message to pop up when I was only running the pup.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make sure you use lots of cutting oil and clean of pretty often while drilling, shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
721 Posts
My first edge didn't have the timing option, it caused a cel for high map input and it would hesitate at roll on in higher gears. Edge replaced it with a new one, it has the timing option and I have it set to stock with the SC on tow. Do you think I could reflash the truck to the performance setting without issues from the DPF delete? I loved the way the truck ran with the SC on performance before I removed the DPF. I purposely flashed it before I put the Delete kit on and I went conservitive with the tow. I really want the performance flash. I have the AX flash, don't know if that would make a difference on weather it would screw anything up by flashing it. I have an airdog in the garage, just waiting for some plesent weather and an empty tank!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I want to add the Edge just worried about a break down. My 6.7L has 126k miles on it already so I don't have any warranty. I use it every day to haul across the US & Canada. It's the truck in my profile pics. I have just done the AFE Filter and Exhaust. I have another 07' but it is a 5.9L and that is double chiped etc. If I add the Edge to the 6.7L should I expect to see an improvement in the gas mileage. I mainly want it for the gauges. I heard there was another chip out there a TD or something like that which is better for gas mileage but doesn't have gauges or the power like the edge. So I guess what I am asking is what is the best chip for my truck and what I use it for. I want gauges on what ever chip I choose.

Thanks
Jeremiah

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I want to add the Edge just worried about a break down. My 6.7L has 126k miles on it already so I don't have any warranty. I use it every day to haul across the US & Canada. It's the truck in my profile pics. I have just done the AFE Filter and Exhaust. I have another 07' but it is a 5.9L and that is double chiped etc. If I add the Edge to the 6.7L should I expect to see an improvement in the gas mileage. I mainly want it for the gauges. I heard there was another chip out there a TD or something like that which is better for gas mileage but doesn't have gauges or the power like the edge. So I guess what I am asking is what is the best chip for my truck and what I use it for. I want gauges on what ever chip I choose.

Thanks
Jeremiah
The TS Performance MP-8 seems to be giving the best milage. But the edge can be almost as good plus you get all the gauges and saftey features. People get the best results with the edge on level 4 or higher for best mpg improvments as long as you can keep your foot out of it. But by the sounds of as many miles you do you wont have a problem.

·
Registered
745 Posts

Thanks
Jeremiah

Like jon said the mp-8 has been showin the best results as far as mpg, but the edge is real close plus the added benfit of gauges....I would go with the edge.
By the way....had any issues in your 126,000 miles....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
No problems to report. Mine is the early 07' model and sounds like lots of people had turbo issues haven't had any myself. I had a small leak on front pinion seal @ 102k but that is it. Had the 02 sensor recall & flash taken care of. The Dodge Mechanic said just to make sure you change the filters OFTEN. I change the fuel filter every 10k. I buy 3 @ a time. I change the crankcase filter every 30k even though it says 60k in the book. I may have 165k on this in 1 year the rate im going.

·
Registered
147 Posts
my edge didn't help my mpg at all, my bullydog powerpup helped quite abit. I like the bullydog better. I should of just bought a pmt.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts