Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i threw the edge in tonight, seems to work, all the settings and gauges work except fuel, i didnt put the sender in yet.

but i dont think its performing as it should. i tapped the vp44 wire, the one closest to the block at the top. it smokes, and she moves, but, doesnt feel like i near doubled the power.

i ran the 0-60 performance timer, came up with 6.8s sometimes my tranny slips, but it didnt feel like it this time, shifted alot harder actually.

does anyone have anyway to tell if its working right? :beer

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
IS it defueling?? Might be it is seeing a problem and defueling the engine. Put that on the screen and see what it does. Also where are your limits set at??

Chris

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no defueling, egt max: 1400, boost max: 35. i think i figured it out yesterday, i have an hy35, still only boosting to 22psi.

another question though, when the fuel pressure sender isnt hooked up, fuel psi reads 0 and sets the alarm off, but, it started doing this yesterday, didnt do it for the first day, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Its cause of your tire size..reset that to the right size, and then if you look at the mph on the edge, it should match your real speed

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its cause of your tire size..reset that to the right size, and then if you look at the mph on the edge, it should match your real speed
tire size was 3/4" off, ran [email protected] then i got pulled over :lol3:

cop ended up saying "now that you cleared out your pipe do you think you can manage to drive the speed limit the rest of the day?"

i said yes and he let me go. :peelout :peelout

back to the topic at hand, i crimped off my wastegate tube, incremently.... to the point it was completely sealed, and STILL 22psi..... do i have a boost leak?

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
cop ended up saying "now that you cleared out your pipe do you think you can manage to drive the speed limit the rest of the day?"

i said yes and he let me go. :peelout :peelout

:lol3:

·
Registered
314 Posts
only 22???, youve got a problem, both trucks ive had my edge on, the boost showed well over 35 psi, my 98 hit 42 and my 99 has hit over 46, make sure your boots are tight and make sure you install that fuel pressure sensor and hook it up, with out it installed, the edge WILL NOT function properly.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I still haven't set my tire size and ran the 1/4 yet..its on my to do list

I don't have the fuel pressure sensor and mine runes fine...I think its just the 2nd gen's that you need it.

My boost at WOT is about 38 or 39. At about 40-50% throttle my boost is 22, so yeah something is wrong there.

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill get the fuel pressure hooked up tomorrow when i get my fitting.

another question..... is there anyway to verify that the vp44 tap is working correctly? via fuel temp or anything?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts