Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 1999 Dodge 2500 Sport 4x4 off a buddy of mine from work and it already has a 4" exhaust, and a Edge Juice w/ Attitude. He also gave me a Diablosport Powerpuck that came with the truck when he bought it but then took it off to install the Edge. I was just wondering if it is possible to stack these programmers? The tranny has never been built up so I dont want to go to nuts with it. Also does anyone know what fuel pressure should be i am running about 9-10 lbs at idle and at WOT with level 5 about 2-3PSI. Thanks Alot, I am used to my old 12 valve this is all new haha.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I wouldnt worry about stacking yet, because your fuel psi is way too low. My edge never reads lower then 15psi WOT and sits at 16-17 and i have the alarm set to 10psi which is the lowest you should EVER see in my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would a different lift pump solve the low pressure situation? Also how does the edge pickup the fuel pressure reading? Is there a sending unit to install or does it take readings from the computer? Trying to get info for a buddy who is having the exact same problem. Low PSI when he gets on it. I believe he has a hotrod VP he's supposed to have a better lift pump but not sure what he's running. Thanks for info.

Jake

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
get a good fuel system before ya do any tuning:SMART:

that's why i ain't got any mods on my motor yet need to save up enough for 6 gauges
and a adjustable TST box:party018:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the truck has the lift pump located inside the fuel tank from the previous owner with a rebuilt VP44. I just changed the fuel filter and am running about 10psi @ idle and in level 5 at full throttle It drops down to 3-4psi. I rarely run it that hard so cruising down the highway it usually sits at 8 or 9 psi. Is this ok to run on the truck? I cant find what they run stock for fuel pressure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know the truck has the lift pump located inside the fuel tank from the previous owner with a rebuilt VP44. I just changed the fuel filter and am running about 10psi @ idle and in level 5 at full throttle It drops down to 3-4psi. I rarely run it that hard so cruising down the highway it usually sits at 8 or 9 psi. Is this ok to run on the truck? I cant find what they run stock for fuel pressure.
Usually anything above 10 is good at WOT, with my setup i just have the carter pump relocated to beside the tank and 1/2 fuel lines and its at 12psi idle/cruisein and drops to 9 WOT (must be a good pump) i know im not runnin much presure but lots of flow with the big line, my sending presure sensor is on the "after filter" part of my filter housing

K

·
0 Posts
you dont want to go below 10psi or you could be causing damage to or vp44 i would get a ad150 asap and dont runany programmer till you have the fuel pressure in check

1 - 8 of 8 Posts