Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge Juice Stage 4 & 5 stock lift pump?

881 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  drunk on diesel
I am curious if I should upgrade to a bigger fuel pump. I typically run stage 4 level 4 smoke with the attitude but don't want to run into issues damaging anything, fuel pump or the possibility of too little fuel.
I just purchased a 2 micron big line filter kit so I can at least add in some better filtration.

What do you experienced fellas think? Should I have anything to worry about... should I keep it on level 3 until I buy a pump:confused013:
Thanks
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Start with buying and installing a guage, that will tell you all you need to know..

· Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that's what I was going to do for piece of mind to monitor the system. I am new to the cummins world so bare with me.... What is a safe fuel psi rating? What is too low to where I should probably upgrade my fuel pump?

I assume for the somewhat mechanically inclined, a fuel pressure kit and gauge wouldn't be too difficult to install?

Thanks again

· Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call me crazy but isn't 0 psi a bad thing???

What is a safe opperating fuel pressure?

· Registered
1,105 Posts
I was told under WOT you should see 7-8psi on a stock pump, and about 12 psi at idle. I'm not to sure if that's acurate or not but "0" is way bad! Messure at the CP3 pump, where the main fuel line comes in.

· MO chapter Vice President
1,482 Posts
I have had my edge on my truck for over 100,000 miles and it has probaly been is the hot unlock (level 6) for at least 1/3 of the time i have left it in kill mode foor months at a time. The only thing i will say is keep your fuel filter clean!! Ive had the truck run out of fuel to the engine (1 time) because of a dirty filter. Now i change mineevery 10,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.