Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a used Edge Juice w/Attitude unit on my rig (see sig).

I like what it does. Haven't even thought of taking over level 3 -- Firstly, don't seem to need to, secondly, don't wanna buy a new tranny just yet! :lol3:

Anyway, I'm having two issues:

First it lurches (surges?) until the truck is up to operating temp. It's like it has a real high rpm threshold to shift and if you don't run it up to 2k rpm or more, it lurches. Can't tell if it's more a fuel delivery issue or a gear issue. After reaching close to 200* engine temp issue seems to go away. WDYT?

Second, I never had gauges prior to this so I don't know what my boost #'s were at stock config -- But now if I'm trying to get up to speed on a short on-ramp, I hit 36-40lb boost eaaasy. That spooks me a little. Anything wrong?

TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I recently installed a used Edge Juice w/Attitude unit on my rig (see sig).

I like what it does. Haven't even thought of taking over level 3 -- Firstly, don't seem to need to, secondly, don't wanna buy a new tranny just yet! :lol3:

Anyway, I'm having two issues:

First it lurches (surges?) until the truck is up to operating temp. It's like it has a real high rpm threshold to shift and if you don't run it up to 2k rpm or more, it lurches. Can't tell if it's more a fuel delivery issue or a gear issue. After reaching close to 200* engine temp issue seems to go away. WDYT?

Second, I never had gauges prior to this so I don't know what my boost #'s were at stock config -- But now if I'm trying to get up to speed on a short on-ramp, I hit 36-40lb boost eaaasy. That spooks me a little. Anything wrong?

TIA!!!
Don't know anything about the first part..

but 36-40lbs of boost is normal. The stock turbo can handle that much. Anymore it won't do it efficiently and is dangerous.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Anybody got ideas on the lurching?

·
Registered
570 Posts
i have read about them doing this on duramax's. i am also interested in this.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

how long did it take you to install ur edge? does it put out some decent smoke? i havent installed mine yet and i was wonderin if anyone knows who would install it for cheap?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Install takes about 30 mins or less. Only time consuming part is drilling the manifold for the egt probe. Everything else is self explan in the directions. Kevin do you have to let off the pedal to help if shift sometimes is this what your saying? If so mine does that when its cold to but also did it before the Edge.

·
Registered
351 Posts
the boost pressure is normal but I'm not sure on what this surging roblem is. I know with the edge it won't give you full power till it's warm so that way it prevents any possible damage

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does the edge keep the engine running for a while for cool down???
If so, can you set it to keep running when you take the key out?

Does the edge allow a high idle??

Kevin, when you return the edge to stock does it still lurch??

My next upgrade is a tuner, so if any of you guys has anything I should know about the edge before I make my decision please feel free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts