Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Edge Juice with Attitude monitor ONLY (Not stacked and w/o DPF or EGR delete)? I have been thinking about getting one.

I like that it will tell me when my truck is in Regen. and that it is easy to install (and remove for trips to the dealer, so they dont get all worked up).

All that i am planning on doing to my truck, for now, is some electronics, an upgraded air filter and MBRP exhaust. Just to liven it up without having to start WWIII with the dealer if i need some warranty work.

Anyone running a similar setup in their 6.7 please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I ran my edge for a while before the deletes. No issues. You may see a few more regens and you will see higher EGTs. It is fairly simple install so it shouldnt be hard to remove for warranty work. The biggest thing is the EGT probe that you have to drill into the exhaust. You will either have to plug it or get a regular gauge to put in.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i just ordered the juice with attitude and i have stock exhaust will it mess up the dpf?? will it smoke at all?? and compcowboy how did you get the "hot" code?

·
Registered
419 Posts
i was told the hot code is purchased over the internet, they send you the code, and you enter it into you monitor.

·
5,055 Posts
Yeah, you have to call Edge and Fax them the Waiver to get the HOT code. If you run the Edge turned up too much with the DPF in place you will cause more regens and possibly over time cause the DPF to be clogged if you do not allow complete regens to occur. I wouldnt recommend the Hot Unlock with the DPF in place, Way too much smoke.

·
Registered
581 Posts
ya thats what i figured but im not planning on running the edge turned up all the time... but with all the exhaust still in place will it smoke at all with that edge??

·
5,055 Posts
no smoke at all. Thats what the exhaust system does, catch all the soot(smoke) and burn it out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i just got my edge put on and i love it it does go into regen a couple times a day if you leave it on 5 and get on it at all.. but i love it

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I got mine at the beginning of the week. Been running it on 1 (economy)for most of the time and have seen a couple of passive regens. The ability to monitor things is awsome and knowing that I can pump it up to smoke some little ricer gives me the giggles!! I did take it up to 3 for a bittoday and what I noticed was that my egt's on a harder pull were lower. I really need t do some playing around with it!!

Take a look at my thread on the blendmount. This is an awsome way to mount the monitor

Chris

·
Registered
723 Posts
i've seen quite a few regens. Today, I think I had 3 and one lasted forever! Im assuming they are all passive however, because i've never gotten any warning about my DPF being any % full. Is this true and nothing to worry about. Wierdest thing today was that it was in regen, running level 3, so i turned it down and drove mellow for about 8-10 minutes with no luck...still regening, so i drove it a little harder and everytime i accelerated, it would turn the regen off, but as soon as i got off the gas, back at it. is this normal?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just installed my Edge a couple days ago also and , wow, I never realized it would go into regen so often!! I just about turned off the alert today because it would stop for a sec then start again, but then it cleared up and stayed off for the rest of the drive. Gotta like the extra power it makes tho!!

Guys with the dpf still on , and the Edge, are u seeing much for mileage increase?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Can't tell yet, becuase now im just driving like a $hit head because it sounds cool and is a little faster with these mods. :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Can't tell yet, becuase now im just driving like a $hit head because it sounds cool and is a little faster with these mods. :)

Me too kinda but I am reallt trying to keep my foot out of it. It looks like I amd seeing about a 1.2 increase in my liar box rightnow that has always been pretty close

Chris

·
Registered
733 Posts
Now that the novelity of the loud exhaust and butt loads of power have passed, I'm seeing 19mpg hand caculated with my Edge on 1 with moderate driving. My OHC says 21mpg but its truely only 19 to 19.3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts