Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another one of those questions that im sure has been answered over and over but i dont remember seein anything off the top of my head..i have the truck in the sig, dpf is going to dissapear asap..Which would be the next step, the PMT or the Edge J/A? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Edge, the PMT uses the egt sensors your about fool with the dpf delete. :thumbsup

·
Registered
331 Posts
wouldnt that also make the PMT's EGT rating way off if its taking it way down stream?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your pic does not match your sig? :lol3: Im confused and what is the lift size on the pice?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your pic does not match your sig? :lol3: Im confused and what is the lift size on the pice?
yeah i know..im in the process of getting my new trucks pic on here..that pic was my 06..it had a 6 inch pro comp lift with 37 inch toyo MTR's..im just tryin to get this new truck to run like my old one..it had crazyl larry and that truck would fly!!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have the Edge, I like it, though i have been hearing good things about the PMT. Other then the sensors not reading right, it seems that it makes a little more power possibly. Also If i recall correctly you can update it. At this time though it doesnt have the clear codes at startup function the edge does to use with the current Delete setups.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
For all out power I would go with the PMT. There is a 180hp tune that will be released soon. You can use a separate EGT probe for it to get it's own readings, you just need the software to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
It comes loaded with 5.9 software. You need to get the 6.7 software from Bully Dog or the vendor you purchased it from if they have it. It is free and I have the latest 6.7 version.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
I have the PMT, I can say the Boost on the PMT is spot on with the Autometer Gauge. That can be trusted. At the moment i have the Pyro from AutoMeter and once i get the software for the PMT i will hook it up. The power if much better from the PMT. If you like smoke the PMT is the way to go. The only problem i have now is i have to Watch the EGT's as they will get hot quick on the Extreme level. Once the EGR is deleted i think that will resolve my EGT problem. But it seems that there will be alot of upgrades on the software from Bully Dog here in the near future. So if you get the Hot unlock from Edge you will be spending the same price on the two. The only real down side i see to the PMT is its a downloader and not a module. So if you want the smarty when it comes out the PMT is not for you

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive never had an edge but have heard good things but i have had a bully dog crazy larry in my 06 and its hard to try something new after having such good results with it..so when you are talking about software, are you talking about a download on the internet, or are you talking about a seperate probe for under the hood?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
o and i was going to drive to BADP to get my dpf delete today and they said they had the pipe but no module...pretty dissapointing..:CRY:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bump!!

I just wanted to bring this thread back. I like the idea that Bully Dog is coming out with some crazy tunes for this 6.7. I like the idea of a turbo timer for cool downs and the ability to clear codes on start-up. Also wondering about the EGR delete while running the Bully Dog, it will still throw codes correct? The smarty has always sounded good but who knows when it will be out and it doesn't have these types of fetures.......ie, timer for cool down or clearing codes on start-up. I want the BEST OF ALL WORLDS I guess.:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I just wanted to bring this thread back. I like the idea that Bully Dog is coming out with some crazy tunes for this 6.7. I like the idea of a turbo timer for cool downs and the ability to clear codes on start-up. Also wondering about the EGR delete while running the Bully Dog, it will still throw codes correct? The smarty has always sounded good but who knows when it will be out and it doesn't have these types of fetures.......ie, timer for cool down or clearing codes on start-up. I want the BEST OF ALL WORLDS I guess.:popcorn:
The EGR delete will continue to throw codes until there is software to go along with the blocker plates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know what you meen about having success with the BD trip dog w/crazy larry, I had it on my '05. I made the switch to Edge Juice w/Att. on my new '08 & love everthing so far. I had it on for 2000 mi so far with no issues. As you can see in my sig I have the H&S dpf delete kit, I also removed the muffler & I installed the EGR block off kit from K2. The Edge works great on the clearing codes before start up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I took my truck in to the dealer cuz i had a code come up on my truck, i think it was p2264or something like that. I know it said turbo boost pressure not detected. Truck still ran good no problems yet but i took my pmt off and put truck back to stock and took her in to the dealer and they didnt even know that i had a programer on her. They checked the ecm and said they couldnt find any codes stored in the ecm and that nothing was wrong. Im driving my truck around without the pmt for a few more days just in case the code comes back, but if the dealer cant tell that i had a programmer then the pmt is well worth the money in my book. I do miss the power now that im back to stock but i will put it back on in a few days.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If they knew what to look for or if they were looking for it they would find it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well im just speaking from my experience and all i can say is that they didnt find it. Im not sure if i will be so lucky next time but this time i was.

·
Registered
331 Posts
dome dealers wont care. My dealer said as long as they cant see it visually they dont give a crap.:hyper:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts