Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait to feel the difference of my truck considering I beat a 2002 7.3 powerjoke with a programmer, exhaust, and intake. He doesnt believe mine of stock :rof How difficult is it to hook all of the sensors up for the edge programmer? Also with a stock exhaust and intake for now what level should I run the programmer on.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
The Edge is easy to install with the only part requiring some effort to be the EGT probe in the exhaust manifold. At least for my 04.5. In my Attitude owners manual it says do not go over level 3 with stock tranny or the tranny will not last long. I usually drive on 2 and find that to be more than enough power for most of the time.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I've got mine on the way too... my buddy has a 05 Duramax with a PPE & cat back exhaust.... he wants to run me at the 1/8 mile once i get the edge on :popcorn:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would it be ok to run on level 5 if you were going to race then turn it back down?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does it come with a mount for the display/control?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Yes they come with simple mounts. I run mine on 6 almost all the time. Good power. Not too friendly on the stock clutch though.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
would it be ok to run on level 5 if you were going to race then turn it back down?
You'll be fine. Just remember you will be in regen more often until you delete the DPF.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Oh and a right angle drill will make it easier to drill the manifold.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do I need a diff lift pump than the stock one to get an edge with juice?

·
Registered
109 Posts
And another question, what's regen again?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
No you dont need a different lift pump. Regen is regeneration. The process of cleaning out the DPF filters on the truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts