Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PDI is selling the Edge Attitude for $239, the Juice for $599, and the combo for $799.

I understand that it would be a bad idea to use the Juice without instrumentation. But I want to ask about the capability more than the wisdom of these options.

Can the Attitude be installed without Juice? Can the Juice be installed without Attitude? Would it be a reasonable step to buy and install the attitude first and when I find more $ in my pocket buy the juice at a later time?

Any thoughts on warrantee voiding using just the attitude? If attitude is just providing instrumentation why would DC care if I installed it and why would this effect the warrantee?

Which of these performs the "code clear on startup" functionality?

I know...lots of questions. I appreciate any insight youse guyses can provide. Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
PDI is selling the Edge Attitude for $239, the Juice for $599, and the combo for $799.

I understand that it would be a bad idea to use the Juice without instrumentation. But I want to ask about the capability more than the wisdom of these options.

Can the Attitude be installed without Juice? Can the Juice be installed without Attitude? Would it be a reasonable step to buy and install the attitude first and when I find more $ in my pocket buy the juice at a later time?

Any thoughts on warrantee voiding using just the attitude? If attitude is just providing instrumentation why would DC care if I installed it and why would this effect the warrantee?

I know...lots of questions. I appreciate any insight youse guyses can provide. Thanks!

You have to have the juice to install the attitude. without the attitude monitor you only get like 60 horse anyway. if you are strapped for cash you can buy the juice monitor without harming your truck.

I found the juice w/ attitude cheapest at thoroughbreddiesel.com.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

Talk to K2 diesel performance.

He is a supporting member.:beer

Att must be used with juice.

You have to have Att to clear codes on start up.:thumbsup

I know the cost is steep, but you get what you pay for. :CRY:

K2 has free shipping to boot. :woot:

Also he has the ones with timming option. :T:

Hope this helps. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would definately get it from a forum member. Just happened to notice them priced separately so that made me wonder if they could be used separately. Thus giving me the option to do this in stages.

The other advantage of instrumentation being stand-alone would be that it would (hopefully) not void a warrantee so all that would have to be removed is the juice.

But since the attitude requires the juice it makes all those thoughts moot. Makes you wonder why they even sell them separately though.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
You can install the Juice without the Attitude but for what you pay for the Juice alone and then the Attitude you would be wasting money. Buy them together and do it right the first time.

Without the Attitude, the Juice runs on a three position toggle switch 25, 40 and 80 hp.

James

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was actually hoping for the Attitude first. I don't even know if I want the Juice. (I know, "too much horsepower is just about enough"... but this actually has all I need and I don't wanna break anything just to put a wider smile on my face).

But I would like the instrumentation. And if I start burning french-fry juice I'd consider the DPF delete and the clear codes capability might be useful.

But if you can't do attitude without juice then I'll just have to save for the combo.

Thanks!

G

·
Look into edge insight if you just need guages. It will clear codes but not automatically. You have to do it manually.

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
hey when you guys talk about the timming option are you guys talking about the turbo timmer??

·
Diesel Junkie
4,726 Posts
In the context of what they are talking , timing is the fueling event timing.
I believe the Edge Att. does have the turbo/cool down feature though....:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
hey when you guys talk about the timming option are you guys talking about the turbo timmer??

No.

It has an option to select Juice timimg or stock timing.

Example: want to stack modules, but it normally would be to much timing, so you select stock timing on the juice and run timming on the other module.

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
ok thanks boys!!! never had my truck chiped befor so gatering some info!!!lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts