Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PA CHAPTER VP
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple of questions as i have looking to buy some edge jammer 150hp injector and an edge juice with attitude.

-How hard are the injectors to install? What is done there?

-The juice with attitude can i just hook up the chip and not the gauge type featues since i already have them? How hard is that as well?

-Are 150HP injectors to big for my truck, what all would need upgraded? I would guess atleast an airdog 150 but anything else?

Thanks

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
injectors are not hard to install. remove valve cover. pull 2 screws 6 times and pull out the sticks ...not to hard. then just pop the new in

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I don't know about the injectors but I think it would be not a good idea to not hook up the Attitude if you are going to buy it. It gives you a lot more gauges than you already have. Also, without the Attitude you can not adjust the power levels! If you really don't want the Attitude, just get the Edge with Juice. It's cheaper and has no display.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
if your gonna do the edge it doesn't pay to not gett eh juice w/ attitude. as fro the injectors imo it's gonna be too big for you right now w/ not having any air mods done. you need to work on getting all the fuel that you have now or will have w/ the edge burned first then worry about putting more fuel in there. like you stated you're going to need the Airdog system anyway so i'd do that at the same time as the Edge.

kyle

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Fuel system and turbo upgrade before those injectors. And a clutch if you haven't done that yet.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
PA CHAPTER VP
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks for the replies so far. I know i should atleast get an intake, what kind do you all prefer? And as far as the monitor for the edge would it be okay to drill and tap other places to monitor it there too?

Another thing is a buddy of mine has 150 injectors and hes just got an intake and 150 fass, his seems to work just fine and it hauls. Are those injectors that extreme that i really need a new turbo?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
ur EGT's will get hot, but i heard u are able to keep them in check without too much hastle. But what i have read, is that when u are really getting into it, there is really no problem pegging the Pyro...*might melt pistons or crack ur exhaust manifold*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts