Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my edge on and took a quick drive. Rig feels real good now!:woot: I have a quick question though, I haven't got the EGT probe on yet and dtill have my emissions stuff on. In my drive I went into regen real quick. I need to drive home now, about 80 miles, do I have anything to worry about and what settings should I put the Attitude on.

Just want to make it home without causing any problems then I'll get the probe on!

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I would leave it on 0 or 1 until you get the probe installed. JMHO:thumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keven!

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Now get home and install the EGT probe so you can:peelout

·
Registered
397 Posts
How different are the egt measurements in the manifols versus the downpipe, reason I ask is thats where shop installed mine the day before I put on the delete and with edge on 5 I never got over 1050 on 1/4 mile runs with mp-8 turned up! So now I need to reinstall and which would be prefered!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Put the probe in the manifold pre-turbo.:thumbsup In the downpipe you loose a few hundered degrees. Not as accurate.

·
Registered
723 Posts
interesting, I've never thought about the placement of my probe, and the shop installed in in the down pipe. I was wondering why the EGT's weren't ever high and I kept going into regen....I guess this explains it now. So is that smart thing to re-locate?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made it home. I plan on installing it like Edge recommends, on the manifold. Well everything ran fine, i had the edge on level 1 and the lie-o-meter averaged 22.5. Lying or not, I've never seen my overhead above 18. So thats something positive.

The negative part is that my Attitude died. Brand new and it froze up.:thud: When I got home I unplugged it then waited a bit then plugged it back in and the monitor didn't even respond. Totally blank. So I suppose its a call to edge in the morning, for a new monitor right?:CRY:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow your seeing 1450 on level 3 and 75%, in the downpipe I never saw 1100 on level 5 and 100%, there must be a vast difference in temps from manifold to downpipe, Im guessing more than 200 degrees!

·
Registered
397 Posts
how long before you guys get there, 1400 that is and what are you guys setting your temp alerts or backdown at?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Mine was installed post turbo. I have my backdown set at 1050. Only time i have hit it is when i had the DPF on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thats what I was thinking cowboy, the night before I took mine off I got to 1050 and afterwards haven't reinstalled yet just being somewhat careful!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have always heard of putting it in the manifold. but as long as you know what your temp should be, you could put it anywhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts