Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was messing around with my laptop and mystyle software but I couldn't get it to connect to the monitor. I left it plugged in in my truck with the key off and it couldn't read it. Does the truck need to be running or on or do I need to completely disconnect it?
I did turn my truck on so it would power on, then connected the cable which made it connect and read on my laptop.. but then the monitor itself froze. So I had to unplug the obdII to reset it.

Do I need to do anything special here and does mystyle actually update the monitor or is it just a customized tool thru my computer?

I'll also be installing a fuel sensor through the eas system this week. Anything needed there or will it just plug in and read? I have all of the wiring necessary.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will be doing a fuel pressure sensor shortly and from what I have read you have to completely disconnect the insight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Disconnect from the truck completely. You do not want it to be plugged in to your truck and the USB at the same time. The unit will be powered by USB, not your truck.

All you need is the mystyle app, this will allow you to customize your own background images, ect.

If I were you I would update the unit first using the Fusion software to make sure you are up to date. Then use mystyle to customize if desired.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its kind of a to get it out of the pod so I could just unplug the obdII correct? Only other thing connected to it is the eas and egt probe.

·
Registered
159 Posts
yeah as long as they are not plugged in at the same time you should be good.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man. It all worked this time around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts