Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a little bit of money and I want to do some Upgrades to my truck. I am looking for things to get MPG more than anything else.

Im looking at chips, either this Mileage Max or the Edge EZ

The other things that I am going to get are
-Muffler Delete
-Tunneau Cover

From your guy's experience, what kinda +MPG can you get with these I figure if its only a few 10th's a gallon i would rather go with the EZ module so if I want to, I can haul at the drag drip.

Reactions: Sawicki

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,667 Posts
the edge ez gave me 2 mpg improvement over stock and a little kick in the seat on power improvement. its a basic box, but if your looking for a good mpg increase, this may be for you. ive been happy with it. if you DONT have the cash to invest in gages, and new clutch / tranny, then this would be a good fit as well.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm getting the Mileage Max, 5" TBE, and CAI installed tomorrow. Right now I'm stock. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
If you want power get something that does timing and duration, like the Juice. The EZ should only be used for stacking.

If you want mileage, then get the mileage max.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I actually lost some fuel economy with the EZ on my '03. Not much but it was a .5-1mpg drop. And that was on the 50hp setting.
Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the EZ. Ran it for a year and ditched it for the SMARTY.

MikeyB

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
how about a smarty jr? would that help?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well, I just got back from the shop. Stopped at Sam's to fill up, $4.03, I'll be traveling some this weekend so I should have some results by Sunday or Monday. Man I love the CAI & Exhaust I got put on, it sounds great!!! :thumbsup

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
i was just thinking of the $$$ of all your looking for is MPG +++ the jr would be cheaper

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far I installed the Mileage Max chip, I haven't noticed any difference in MPG yet, though I can sure as hell fell it when i step on the gas. I have a Tounno Cover coming as well as a muffler delete tube that my neighbor is gonna weld up for 20 dollars. I'm trying to find a set of lowering springs for the truck, preferably 3" front, 6" back, so it will be leveled out and since its lowering the center of gravity and all that I should get some better handling/MPG. Does anyone know how much the stock batteries for these trucks weigh I still have both of my factory batteries in there and I am wondering if it is worth the money to invest into some lighter ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a EZ on my 02 last month and got a solid 2-3 mpg and a nice increase in power, It shoots a little smoke when I shift, but I like it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm also interested in the results of the Milage Max unit!!! I was set to buy one but had second thoughts since it only has the one tune, I'm leaning towards the EZ, but I hear a lot of good reviews on the Smarty / Smarty Jr. I have an 04.5 bone stocker that I would like to squeeze more MPG out of and hey a few HP doesn't hurt either. My other concern is traceabillity by the dealer, I'd hate to loose the warranty.
:peelout

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm also interested in the results of the Milage Max unit!!! I was set to buy one but had second thoughts since it only has the one tune, I'm leaning towards the EZ, but I hear a lot of good reviews on the Smarty / Smarty Jr. I have an 04.5 bone stocker that I would like to squeeze more MPG out of and hey a few HP doesn't hurt either. My other concern is traceabillity by the dealer, I'd hate to loose the warranty.
:peelout
I'd go with the Smarty Jr. You will see more mpg with it.

Randy

·
Registered
27 Posts
milage max

I have 2003 dually 3500 HO 305 hp
INSTALLED Edge miliage max and run straight pipes I get 28 miles a gallon and 17 towing over 17 thousand pounds
Could not believe the towing capacity went through the Mts like you cant believe very impressed

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have 2003 dually 3500 HO 305 hp
INSTALLED Edge miliage max and run straight pipes I get 28 miles a gallon and 17 towing over 17 thousand pounds
Could not believe the towing capacity went through the Mts like you cant believe very impressed
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that mileage # that your reading off the overhead is pooky when you install a box. Hand calculate your mileage and get the real #'s.

Randy

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would stay away from the mile max if you are looking for mpg, my buddy installed one on his 04 and didn't see any change, but the overhead is showing 23 to 24 mpg. He hand caculated it and still getting around 18. He does like the extra kick to it though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
RDyson,
What kind of MPG gains did you see after the Smarty and what setting are you running? Thanks Vince P.
:beer

·
Registered
74 Posts
RDyson,
What kind of MPG gains did you see after the Smarty and what setting are you running? Thanks Vince P.
:beer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts