Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all,

I read a lot of posts under a search on the EZ but couldn't find an answer, so here goes.

I just bought an EZ but haven't installed it yet. I have a few questions prior to installing it.

First off-- my future plans. I plan on upgrading the tranny next year to a DTT. After that I want to get a Smarty. I'll address fuelling upgrades soon. My plan is to be in the mid-500hp range. So first question--

Will I run into any programming problems loading the Smarty after having the EZ already on the vehicle? I have read, a while ago on this site, that someone had some programming prior to the Smarty. And after they loaded the Smarty, the ecm fried. I'm not trying to open old wounds here. Just trying to be safe.

Second question--

Does the EZ change ECM parameters enough that it will show up at the dealership?

That said, I'm not too worried about the warranty, but don't want to fight over it on issues not related to the EZ.

My main concern is about the programming before getting the Smarty.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin :beer

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
No problems programming afterwords...when an ECM goes it's because it was already bad..

Does the EZ change ECM parameters enough that it will show up at the dealership?

Yes...however, unless the dealer is REALLY looking for it, they won't find it...

BTW..you'd have been better off going Smarty then EZ.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problems programming afterwords...when an ECM goes it's because it was already bad..

OK, Thanks!

Yes...however, unless the dealer is REALLY looking for it, they won't find it...

BTW..you'd have been better off going Smarty then EZ.
My plan is to stack the Smarty and the EZ, unless the new Smarty programming makes stacking uneeded. For $220, I get to have some minor increase in HP before beefing up the tranny. I might take out the EZ later, depending. Thanks for the info Awenthol. As usual, you are a good reliable source of info. Thanks again, Kevin. :thumbsup

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
You'll get some horsepower but your WOT egts will be crazy on higher levels. I just got a pressure box installed the other day (Smarty removed). WOT stock it would get to 1200 but the second the p-box was flipped on they shot straight up. There's nothing wrong with a pressure box, just merely pointing out it's best to have something that does timing.

As for Smarty revo eliminating the need for p-box...I think I'll still run one. It's easier to flip a switch then pull over and remove the pressure programming :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I'm gonna go out and put 'er in. :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
i have had no issues stacking the ez with my triple dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts