Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had it open for awhile and cant remember the order of the jumper inside.
Is it
123 or
321 looking at it strait on with the top facing up. Thank you

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
123, or #3 being far right, mine had no jumper in it when I decided to shift it (got bigger injectors) to be honest it smoked more without, from what I remember, I remember asking once but no one knew for sure what it was susposed to do, it worked fine like that for 6-8months(closest to the case)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, im not real impressed with the ez, I guess i should have done some more research and got the juice/additude instead. How accurate are the gauges in the additude compared to manual gauges. I dont really want to spend 400 bones on gauges when i could buy a new programmer with the heads up display gauges.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The EZ is a very mild chip. I don't really know what you were expecting, but it's about the most power you can get without tapping the pump and adding fuel.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks for the input, im not real impressed with the ez, I guess i should have done some more research and got the juice/additude instead. How accurate are the gauges in the additude compared to manual gauges. I dont really want to spend 400 bones on gauges when i could buy a new programmer with the heads up display gauges.
Attitude works off your factory sensors so its as reliable as what your sensors are telling it...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Attitude works off your factory sensors so its as reliable as what your sensors are telling it...
Alright, I see, thanks for the info. What do you see for mileage increase with the attitude on low levels? Have not got much better with the ez.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you want to run it on higher levels to get the timing but as of right now I dont get better mileage because I love the power so I always run it a little hard :lol4:

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I get better results on the higher settings, I dont use under lvl 3, as for accuracy, I left my mechanical gauges in for about a week, I found they were pretty close, boost was a little off other than that, I wish I had bought the J/A orginally instead of the EZ, just for the ability NOT to constantly monitor gauges is worth it, if you exceed pre-set warnings the monitor will alert you and defuel if required.....love the J/A

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys, I think I know what my next purchase will be. I really dont want to buy all the gauges when you can have them on a little screen instead.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have not had it open for awhile and cant remember the order of the jumper inside.
Is it
123 or
321 looking at it strait on with the top facing up. Thank you
I dont wanna sound stupid here but, your talking about the Jumper order inside the EZ Module? How would you see this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You just unscrew the front removable plate and slide it open. There is a choice of three different spots to put the jumper. Thats what the edge techs told me. In the catalog where I bought it from it said it had a remote switch to adjust it, they lied to me!

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
something to think about, an EZ plus gauges cost more than just buying Edge J/A and the J/A does way more and gives 120hp. I know as I've been there done that, just wished I had gotten the J/A first,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I realize that now:banghead:

·
Registered
276 Posts
sorry kinda slow here, whats the jumper lol, im goin out to my truck right now to check it out!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you take off the front cover you cant miss it. Theres 3 different spots you can put it in.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I believe the default (from factory) is in the highest setting, the only reason to lower it would be if you had larger injectors and wanted to lessen the smoke output

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, mine was in the highest setting when I got it new.

·
Registered
276 Posts
O ight, im pretty sure its on the highest setting. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts