Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my ez went bad on me, sometimes the truck will have plenty of power and pull ngreat, and other times it will feel stock. Fuel pressure is good, connections are clean and i havnt really done any other diagnostics yet, so before i dig in some more what do you guys think? And the vp44 probly has about 8,000 miles on it, and the edge probly has about 10,000-12,000 miles. Thanks in advance!!

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
I'll take the bait... What's your fuel pressure @ WOT? What's your max boost? Pull codes yet? Any other little coincidences that happens when it derates?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel pressure is about 12 psi at wot, there are no codes, i pulled the codes with our mastertech with enhanced chrysler software, and the only coincidence is that if i shut off the motor and restart it it will be fine, or not. But it goes by key cycles. One start up it will work fine and other startups it will be like stock. I have not been able to figure out a pattern it seems to be intermittent. Thanks for the reply i really appreciate it!!

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
OK, well, this is very strange. I have ford (as you can tell from the signature) with about the same motor. Except I have a Van Aaken and I've going through the same thing for about eight months. I modified the APPS, I replaced the MAP and IAT sensors. The only difference is mine will lope at idle and clutch disengagements at idle when it occurs, probably due to the injectors. I don't know what to tell you. I thought the over boost thing in the VA wasn't working but it's intermittent. I say keep observing it, and if possible, go to Cummins and see if they can pull codes from the ECU directly. There are alot of codes that may or may not surface through the chrysler PCM. Your injector pump is new? Hope it doesn't have anything to do with it.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
right, grease all connections, if that doesn't work, try a different module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts