Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge Ez... First Impressions

1488 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  STRAIGHT6BEAST
well i just got my ez in today and i hooked it up which was suprisingly simple except my map sensor had the clip broke off so it was a .. to get off :banghead: but anyways i got it on and went for a test drive. the first thing i noticed was a nice little power increase just by the seat of the pants meter and im getting a pretty good cloud of good ole black smoke:headbang: it really looks like quite a bit more than what i expected from the ez but my truck would smoke a bit stock which didnt seem normal but i wasnt complaining. all in all i was pretty impressed with the ez and its a pretty good product, i would recommend it to anyone with a stock truck looking for a little power gain:thumbsup:
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
i always lked my EZ. very nice increase. it died after 7 years though which is why i don't have it anymore. bought a new powerpuck for less than half the cost of a new EZ. feels the same i think but i have a fuelig box now too so it's hard to remember what just the ez felt like.

· Registered
274 Posts
I got the ez and i love it for pulling trailers and stuff its a really nice chip, but i need more power so im gettin the adrenaline.

You need to rig up a smoke switch in it man, youll be really impressed with the cloud that it will leave for a smaller chip.

· Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good deal man..i was debating between that and a superchips flashpaq
i would go ez its a really nice chip but i havent tried the superchips. i just picked it up on ebay for like 165$ shipped

I got the ez and i love it for pulling trailers and stuff its a really nice chip, but i need more power so im gettin the adrenaline.

You need to rig up a smoke switch in it man, youll be really impressed with the cloud that it will leave for a smaller chip.
yeah i was thinking about a smoke switch but i didnt know how good it would do on the ez

· Registered
274 Posts
you'll love it man, it really works good, it only takes about thirty minutes to rig up, and the smoke is pretty nice

· Registered
43 Posts
Edge EZ

Nice to hear you guys have enjoyed the ez chip, I just bought one but haven't put it in yet. I was wondering if the chip adds horsepower or simply changes the torque and horsepower curve in relation to the rpms? curious

· Registered
5,648 Posts
Nice to hear you guys have enjoyed the ez chip, I just bought one but haven't put it in yet. I was wondering if the chip adds horsepower or simply changes the torque and horsepower curve in relation to the rpms? curious
it increases hp in the 60hp range, throttle response and power gain is quite noticable compared to stock, power increases as boost increases,
Its not like a gasser just moving the existing power up or down the rpm curve

· Registered
43 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. I occasionally will be pulling a stock trailer or other things and want to keep exhaust temps reasonable as well as keep fuel mileage good, so if I were to get some injectors to go with the ez chip, what injector would you recommend ? thanks......

· Registered
134 Posts
I like my EZ...I picked it up used on Craigslist for $175. It woke my truck up just enough. Some time down the road I'd like to do an Edge Comp with full pillar gauges...that's if my truck doesn't rust into a pile of worthlessness before then.

· Registered
274 Posts
I don't think you can do a smoke switch on the EZ.
Well you can cause i already did it. I dont know why people think that you cant put a smoke switch on the ez, but you can an it works good.

Apache_Diesel, yes if your interested i will sell my chip when i get the Adrenaline. If not im gonna put it on my moms 01.

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. I occasionally will be pulling a stock trailer or other things and want to keep exhaust temps reasonable as well as keep fuel mileage good, so if I were to get some injectors to go with the ez chip, what injector would you recommend ? thanks......
Something in the 50hp range would probably suite you best:thumbsup:

· Registered
274 Posts
I would go with some DDP's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.