Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw an EZ on my truck today. Prior to the EZ, I was getting around 22psi boost. I was planning on adding a J hook after I got the EZ installed. However...Once I got the ez installed, I took a 4k trailer down the road (no j hook) and was getting 28psi and pulled great! This is close to what I was after. Why would that happen without the J hook? I assume it's because of the boost fooler, but didn't expect to get it without the hook.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the turbo replaced under warranty 4 years ago because of a stuck waste gate. I know it really doesn't mean anything, but it's a newer turbo...fwiw. However, it has thrown overboost codes before. It may not be functioning properly to specs, but it seems to be exactly where I want it now. Think it's a problem or write it off as functioning properly for my liking??

·
Registered
852 Posts
When I installed my EZ my boost went from 23psi to 24psi at WOT. And thats with my elbow removed and a plug installed. I would love to get 28psi.

·
Registered
726 Posts
When I had my ez I would also see about 28lbs, I did have a boost elbow though. If it was throwing over boost codes before waste gate is likely shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts