Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a edge ez installed in my truck and it only hits 19 psi max. i was wondering how a j-hook or turnbuckle would help it out? does the ez have a boost fooler already with it?

· Registered
246 Posts
Yes the ez has a boost fooler built in already. The j-hook will hold the wastegate shut until it hits a higher boost pressure allowing you run probably in the low to mid 20's for boost.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks sounds good. will this change power levels at all? is there enough fuel to keep up with the new found boost?

· Registered
1,229 Posts
with the HY you will just be blowing even hotter air.

I wouldnt bother, find a HX cheap or just get a real upgrade that matches your power needs/goals.

Jason

· Registered
246 Posts
The boost will only increase with more fuel so you'll never not have enough fuel for the increased boost a j-hook will allow. You may notice a little more power also.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so basically it will not change anything :confused013:

· Oregon Chapter VP
1,308 Posts
Mine pulls a little harder but I only have my comp on the EZ setting. Mine boosts out at 31psi about 28psi it just starts screaming, I got my J-hook for $20 so it was worth it for me. fo you can aford to het a hx35 do it if not get the J-hook.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
The hy is good to about 32 max before it starts "blowing hot". This is a function of exhaust restriction for the most part. Generally referred to as "choke point". Higher pressures are due to exhaust backing up in the turbo. Below 30, your egt's will generally be cooler with higher boost pressure.

There are benefits to the hy. It's a smaller turbo, and thus easier to spool. I wouldn't bother with a bigger turbo unless you are planning on beefing up your transmission. The hy will support more than enough power (with wg mods) to destroy your transmission.

Then again, I wouldn't fuel enough to spool the turbo to 30psi for fear of destroying the stock transmission, either. So this may be a moot point.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
i used a turnbuckle to completely close my wastegate, and it gave me a little more power.

· Registered
2020 Ram 3500 CC long bed 4x4 Diesel SRW
105 Posts
I have a j hook and a TST power max on one of my duallies with a stock turbo and gets up to 42psi with cooler egts. The other one has a bigger turbo no j hook and only gets up to 35- 36 and higher egts. My understanding is the smaller the turbo the quicker it spools up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.