Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just installed a Edge EZ (used) and it ran fine on stage 3 for the first few days less than 50 miles. I am now experiencing some techincal difficulty..........a few minutes after i accelerate the engine cuts out and flashes a check engine light........It did it a couple three times then I unpluged the box and have not had an issue. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW its a 2001 Dodge

·
Registered
790 Posts
did you pull the code when the engine light came on? And do you have a fuel pressure gauge

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Ok I just installed a Edge EZ (used) and it ran fine on stage 3 for the first few days less than 50 miles. I am now experiencing some techincal difficulty..........a few minutes after i accelerate the engine cuts out and flashes a check engine light........It did it a couple three times then I unpluged the box and have not had an issue. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW its a 2001 Dodge
I had an Edge EZ a few years ago, I had 3 of them. The 1st one ran fine, but after a a few months it puked out on me and I returned it and got another one. The 2nd one cause problems too, dead pedal and miss communication with the Injection pump and ECM, so I returned it and they sent me a 3rd one version 7.0 i think. and after 6 months of no issues the same problems came back.

Keep in mind, every time I removed the EDGE ALL problems went away. But when the 3rd version started causing me problems I returned it and they gave me a FULL refund.

Check out dodgeram.org it shows what the data link does. The edge caused the miss communication between my ecm and injection pump.
P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface, hence the data link connection and map sensor connection.

Anyways, after I returned the 3rd version I NEVER had a problem again to this day. So it was not the injection pump, it was not the ecm, it was not the APPS sensor, it was the EDGE that caused the problem. and EDGE knew that thats why they sent me 3 updated versions, then a full refund, if was not the EDGE they would not have sent me new versions or refunded my money.

I would return the EDGE and get a Bully Dog Torque Dog. Just sharing my experience. hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts