Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
This is my first post. I have a 06 automatic 4x4 with 140k miles.
The previous owner installed an Edge cts3 insight monitor only. It works really well but for most of the gages, I'm not sure what I'm looking at, for example around what range the engine load be around? Without towing at highway speeds 60-70 MPH? When the truck is on and idling on my driveway I'm showing 0.92, and FRP 6.84, see attachment. What FRP should I be at idling? I'm trying to learn how to spot problems before they get worse and cost more downtime.
I am a first time diesel truck owner any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Every truck is different. We can’t tell you a magical number for every gauge that you need see.

What you need to do is drive the truck and watch the gauges to determine the characteristics of your pickup. Then keep an eye for changes in those characteristics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What @4everlearning said! If I had a similar truck I'd give you some feedback to what I see. Just driver her and watch. It's a nice monitor and once you have your baselines you'll see if something looks off to you.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Go online, download manual and just read it, it will tell you all ya need to know, and what it can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts