Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Edge CTS2 wont respond to touch commands

20K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dsnizzle 
#1 ·
I have a 02 dodge 2500 with an edge juice with attitude CTS2 and the CTS2 wont respond to any touch commands. it will beep when i touch the screen but no menus will open. sometimes it will think I touched a point on the screen that i did not touch and then open a menu but will not let you select anything else after that. I have updated it with the fusion software and still the touch screen will not work. Everything works just fine with the whole set up just not the touch screen. has anyone else had a similar problem or know of a fix i can try?

#5 ·
Mine had a problem with the tempature override not letting it turn on.

I contacted Edge and they had me send it in and fixed it for no charge even though I was not the original owner of the half under the hood.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#6 ·
The issue with mine was that the touch screen was not responding in all locations. Almost like it needed to be calibrated. Well, it turns out that sitting in the sun has caused the glue on the LCD screen/board to lose integrity. I took the device apart, used a heat gun to warm up the screen, and then pressed the edges together until it cooled down a bit. Works just like new.

Tools:
Plastic trim removal tools

Steps:
  1. Take the silver sides off the screen. These are glued on.
  2. Pull the back panel off. This is held on by several tabs on the sides which will be exposed once you take the silver sides off.
  3. There is a ribbon cable that you will need to disconnect. This can be done by pulling the black tab. The black tab does not come off the motherboard. It just moves slightly and allows for the ribbon to be pulled out.
  4. Remove the motherboard.
  5. There should be a clear plastic frame. It is just held down by a few tabs. Use the trim tool.
  6. Take the LCD screen out. There should be a silver frame around the front of the screen. I focused the heat there. Use commons sense with how much heat. Once it is warmed up, I flipped it over and firmly pressed down on the back of the screen around the edges until it cooled off. HINT: use a soft mat like a firearms cleaning pad or something similar.
  7. Reassemble and use you computer to test the screen while it is in demo mode or go plug it in and test it.
Good luck!