Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know im a 12 valve guy but my buddy has a 99 24 valve with an edge comp chip. anybody use this chip? what do you think about it? he claims that the chip givess 300 ft. lbs. of torque like edge says but his truck doesnt seem to pull like my buddies stock 07 at all. what do you guys think? good chip or no?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've got the comp box on my 2000 and it doesnt feel like it gives it 300. I love my comp box but my 06 with a smarty pulled better imo.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I am thinkin bout gettin one of these edge comps as well.....like Bomaster238 said....good chip or not??

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like mine. I wish it was a juice with attitude but I like it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the chip is proven to give, 120hp and 350ft lbs. I know a guy that dynod 337hp and 740tq with just a comp. and 4x4 and it goes to 5x5....4x4 is 100 horse 300ftlbs. I just tapped my pump yesterday and i can make 40psi on my stock turbo *which i will be turning down* and i can spin the tires off the line EASILY. I love the chip and i would suggest it to anyone.

Mike

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
why do you wish it was a juice w/ attitude??
I've always liked the juice with attitude. I like the attitude monitor because of all the safety parameters and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna sell my comp box but I like the juice with attitude

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love my edge. A lot more power than the hypertech. Puts off a good bit of smoke. Wouldn't mind having the drag version which doesn't defuel until 3200rpms I think. Where the normal defuels and 2800rpms I think thats right. Either way its a good box that you can adjust on the go.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think that I am pretty set on getting a Comp

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I love my Comp box..wish it was a Drag Comp...but i'll upgrade to that after my tranny is built ;) My understanding it it only affects the level 5 setting and the defuel there other than that they are the same.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ive got one and recently had it on the dyno, I think this chip works great, gives me good MPGs and smoke when I want it! Heres the results.

Dynoed 266rwhp, 539rwhp without chip on
Dynoed 390rwhp, 817rwhp with chip on

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmm good to know guys, but his truck doesnt smoke that much. i mean it will give little poofs here and there but nothing to get all excited about. but it seems like a pretty good chip. i was hoping someone would put up numbers from a dyno too which u guys did. he also wanted to know the numbers on this chip cause he never got it dynoed. thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
hmmm good to know guys, but his truck doesnt smoke that much. i mean it will give little poofs here and there but nothing to get all excited about.
The comp box and Juice both have a low boost fueling adjustment, if you set them for smoke they do a pretty good job.

Edge Comp is the VP mainstay, it's proven and very reliable. The Quad Adrenaline is the newest attempt to de-thrown the comp, time will tell.

Keep in mind that Juice Tuning is virtually the same tuning as Comp, so if you want the monitor get the Juice with attitude.

Let us know if we can help:thumbsup

·
Registered
750 Posts
no smoke?

im the one with the comp box that my friend is talking about so how exactly do i get it to smoke cause if i have the box on 5x5 it doesent really smoke just a whole lot of go so if someone could give me some setting for smoke i would appreciate it

·
Registered
293 Posts
try 1x5 or 2x5. that should do it.......let us know how it turned out..

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
hold the on off button down for 2+ seconds.... all the LED's will blink real fast, that's telling you you are in low boost fueling mode. run the LED's up to 5 lights full and hold down the on off button again.

You can program each power level individually, so set the box on level one and do as I said above.... this will put the low boost fueling to high for level one only. Next, set the power level on the box to any other program level you want smoke and do the same to each level until you have all the girls waving at you when you smoke them out.

Copy

·
Registered
750 Posts
thanks very much im going to try that ill let u know how it turned out

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Edge Comp is the best bet for the money... I love mine I'm getting great fuel mileage right now!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts