Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my edge comp on last night and i was wondering what setting i should put it on for the best fuel milage

·
Registered
971 Posts
5X5 and be easy on the pedal. You need the timing for mileage......

·
Registered
971 Posts
or 5x1 to keep from fueling down low, but if you wanna smoke somebody its easier just to leave it on 5x5 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine has the 5 level lights on it but how do you know if im on 5x1 or 5x5

·
Registered
545 Posts
hold the power button down for two seconds then release it thos are the sub levels for loe end fueling the loewr the lights the longer it takes to fuel hard!

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
5X5 and be easy on the pedal. You need the timing for mileage......
:ditto:

Either 4x4 or 5x5 have been good to me... but 5x5 seems to be the best setting...

"Keep your boost below 5 PSI and pyro under 600*F and 20+ MPG will happen..."

I've pulled many trips now at 20+ MPG's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok now the other thing is that when i start my truck sometimes the comp wont turn on, i have to watch it when i turn the key in the wait to start pos. if the thing doesnt light up i have to turn the key off, and then on again, then it usually turns on. its a big pain how can i fix it

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
Only way to fix it is to send it back to Edge products...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I found that I got the best mpg at 3x3 or 4x4. I guess I couldnt keeep the 5x5 down enough to get a good load out of it. Mine did the exact same thing with not turning on sometimes as well as it would freeze up if I left it on when i turned the truck off sometimes. Then i sent it in to edge to get it hot unlocked and I have never had a problem since. Knock on wood!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do i send it to edge do i have to call them or something and does it cost anything

·
Registered
348 Posts
yeah just call them up and they will get your information ie: vin number, serial number and date of manufac. on the comp and they will give you a RNA number for when they get your comp in the mail. But call them and they will help you out and get you set up. It shouldnt cost you anything to get it fixed if its still under warrenty but getting it hot unlocked will run you around 100 bucks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
would i be better off just getting a smarty

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the comp gives me good power but it can be a pain since it doesnt work good, and i want to get more smoke so i can smoke people out when i want to i thought i would have more with it on lev 5

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
the comp gives me good power but it can be a pain since it doesnt work good, and i want to get more smoke so i can smoke people out when i want to i thought i would have more with it on lev 5
Level 5 by what???

The other secret is make sure all sub-levels are on 5... (Ex: 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5) There is a software bug in some versions of software and this will cure that problem.

Smoke switch will aid in this but still its based on having a lot of fuel and no boost pressure...:doh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
all i knoow is a smarty smokes!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Level 5 by what???

The other secret is make sure all sub-levels are on 5... (Ex: 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5) There is a software bug in some versions of software and this will cure that problem.

Smoke switch will aid in this but still its based on having a lot of fuel and no boost pressure...:doh:
on level 5x5

·
Registered
174 Posts
no....... but i'm not a big believer in the smarty from what i have seen... never driven with one tho..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts