Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used edge comp for my 2000 24v and I dont think it came with everything it was supposed to have. Im have trouble figuring out how to tap the pump and te edges instructions dont help. does anyone have pics or something the could send me? thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
the grey wire goes to the pump. Wire on top closest to the block! I used a scotch lock and its working great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I just need to get the grey wire to tap into top wire? i can use any type of tap to do that> cuz mine came with a male connector. where does the black wire go? just any good ground?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yep, black is ground. One of the 4 bolts on the intake horn is the best place to ground it.

If you can solder the injection pump wire you will be alot better off. If you can't solder it buy one of the stealth covers. I've seen too many problems with trailer wiring and other crap that people try to rig with those scotch locks.

Don't do it the easy way and kick yourself for it later.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yep, black is ground. One of the 4 bolts on the intake horn is the best place to ground it.

If you can solder the injection pump wire you will be alot better off. If you can't solder it buy one of the stealth covers. I've seen too many problems with trailer wiring and other crap that people try to rig with those scotch locks.

Don't do it the easy way and kick yourself for it later.
not trying to start an arugument, but when i went to a shop and they seen i had mine grounded on the intake horn, he said the best place to ground it is to the block. Just like jumping a car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree with puff11 the best place to ground it is the block or the battery. Also i have a stealth cover and i have never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree that the block is a better ground but as low as the current draw is in this case I don't see any problem with using the intake horn.

You could connect it to the negative battery post if you wanted too...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Go to edge site it has easy to follow insatall and a close up of where to tap the wire. Just make sure you look up the juice install it hase better pics.

·
Registered
847 Posts
what problems have ppl had when they used differnet connectors to the pump

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
I prefer using a stealth plate for tapping the wire... That way you never void the pump warranty. Most shops will not take a tampered wire but if you use a stealth plate it all good!

http://mopar.cumminsforum.com/personal/2002/bombs/edge-comp/wire-tap-installed.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts