Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 5 spd with a edge comp and recently the truck has been missing and sputin when u mash on it or sometimes just driven on 1x5 i unpluged the box from the map and run the truck stock and cant get the truck to miss at all i got a P 1693 code before i unpluged the box has anyone had this problem before any advise would be great thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
if the truck runs better without the box, look up edge products on the web, you can send the box to them for reprogram or check for problems.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i am assuming you check fuel pressure at WOT..... 10 psi, minimum?
fuel filter good?
someone will correct me if im wrong but i think the 1693 code is a companion code, means there was a code set in the ecu and pcu.... not a large deal if it dont come back repeatedly...
do that help?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea im changing the fuel filter today it has a lot of miles on it. I need so info on putting a fuel pres guage in i just dont know where to tap into the line and what to use for line to guage

·
Registered
370 Posts
when i had my low fuel pressure light installed, the shop tapped the filter housing at the 1/8 in pipe plugs on the top of the housing. seems like a good spot so i tapped my gauge into the same port, tee'd off to light and gauge.

that small id line thats used for oil pressure gauges works nicely for fuel as well. its rated to 75 psi or better so it shouldnt ever be a problem. the big plus is the price, most kits sell for $8 -12 at the parts houses...

use a gauge that goes to 25 -30 lbs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks boss im planing on cutting some hoses and teein off for the gauge tomorrow thanks for your time

·
Registered
42 Posts
same problem

If you could keep an update on here i am having the same problem with my edge ez and TST Powermax either together or separate and have good fuel pressure throughout. Mine sounds like it has a cam or something when it is idling with these hooked up. I will let you know if I find something also. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea 10 4 ill keep you posted i got the box out changing the fuel filter and cleaning the map trying to get the obvious out of the way.

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
i read this thread the other day, and it seemed like all the possibilities were covered. check your fuel pressure and such, if its still giving you an issue, is it possible the ECM has been flashed with a smarty or something else that effects timing, and with the edge box you're now getting timing altered twice?

that would make it run like crap, and could be very dangerous to the motor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey rock kustoms i dont have a smarty i just have a comp is it possible that the comp could mess with the ECM i took the comp out and the truck ran good then it started to miss when u step on the pedle it will miss and puff white smoke for a cupple of seconds and then its fine i got to get a fuel pres guage i changed the fuel filter still sick i guess i cant blame the comp anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts