Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new with dodges but i have an 07.5 6.7l and i have a s&b intake and i have seen that a bunch of you guys are running the edge attitude with the mp-8. i was just wondering what kinda milage you have gottin over stock and you yall like that set up.. by the way i am aunna do a dpf delete down the road. i whould really like to hear what yall have to say bout that set- up..

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I would say if you're just lookin' for mileage go with just the MP8, a set of gauges, and the DPF Delete... you'll be way happy with that

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
It is the most popular stack right now. By itself the Juice will give you about 1-1.5mpg. The MP-8 gives most people 2-3 mpg. I wouldn't suggest stacking the two until you do the DPF delete otherwise you will be in regen a lot.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will that mp-8 make me go into regen all the time?? or whould i need to do the delete the do it

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
the MP8 Shouldn't make you go into regen much more than normal all it is, is a pressure box

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Anything you do will cause you to regen more often than stock. The MP-8 isn't quite as bad as the Juice because it doesn't produce the same power.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i should be fine whith the mp-8 and all stock exhaust?

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Yup and it's a good starting point

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
yeah you'll be fine...be sure to put in a set of gauges bare min EGT and BOOST

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
And I bet K2 Here can hook you up with one when you're ready to buy!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright ks for the info.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok another question with that edge turned up on level 5 will my tranny hold up its an auto?? and how good are the new trannys

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Most have been alright with the stock auto. It just wont take a 4WD launch too many times.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
You should be fine, just use common sense. Mine is holding the Juice/MP-8 stack just fine.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know its not gunna be nearly as tough as the manual but its not like im gunna be raggin on it all the time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
All in all-to you experts out there-Kevin/Compcowboy etc.-a manula is uaually a little tougher than an auto? if so why? Whay upgrades to a manual can we make with teh 6.7's? Are there any out yet?

·
Registered
331 Posts
When people say tougher they are talking a LOT less expensive to fix and LOT less parts to break and a LOT less expensive to beef up. I can torch my clutch pretty easy. Sounds like the Autos can hold the stack but if you break it your in deep do do and I on the other hand only need to replace a clutch (most of the time).

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
All in all-to you experts out there-Kevin/Compcowboy etc.-a manula is uaually a little tougher than an auto? if so why? Whay upgrades to a manual can we make with teh 6.7's? Are there any out yet?
On the 6.7's the stock auto generally holds more than the manuals do. When it comes time to tear into the auto to make it "bullet" proof you are looking at a lot of money $3000-$8000 depending on what you are doing to it. However a clutch for the manual is anywhere from say $1000-$1800 plus a couple hundred for the upgraded hydraulics.

·
Registered
723 Posts
anyone running a Edge w/ MP-8 with a manual? just trying to figure out what way for mods I want to go?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
thats what i am running Benzino, its a very good setup. You should be fine for daily driving but if you get after it much you will need a better clutch.

I just tried it out with the BD Triple Dog stacked on top. Holy Crap tons of go and smoke, but it sure runs out of fuel quick :( I really need a Fuel Pump and Pressure Gauge. And that timing rattle in the BD is very noticeable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts