Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Drop; yo can only do 107 because you have a 5.9, 6.7s have more potential than that!!:T:

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
So is 111mph the top end even with the hot unlock?
The edge does not remove or increase your speed limiter on your truck. You truck is programmed to de-fuel when you reach the factory speed limiter. The edge speed setting is only an alert and tells you when you reach the certian speed you have set it at. You need a programmer to increase your speed limiter. I have the power pup and it increases your stock speed limiter to 200mph. I have only takin my truck to 127mph. I felt that was fast enuf for a 7500+ pound lifted truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the stacking thing work? If you run a programmer, what do you set the edge to and then what function does the EDGE perform now?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
it still performs the same way, they control two different parts of the motor. the programmer re programs the computer while the Edge just enhances the programming coming from the computer.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Stacking modules is best done with modules that make different adjustments. Like the Edge MP-8 stack. The MP-8 Adjusts rail pressure and the edge makes adjustments to injector pulse along with timing (i believe)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The MP-8 is the most popular as it gives you the best mileage.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
sorry i just got the ol piece of junk 5.9

so this is a 6.7 owner ONLY forum, i see just because i have a 5.9 i cant even say what mine does without catching feed back. you should talk to the moderators and see if they could put a lock on this forum so unless you have a 6.7 you cant even read or post a reply.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
The original poster was asking about a 6.7. Almost everything for a 6.7 is completely different than a 5.9. Apples to oranges. What you have has no bearing on this thread. Its the same as when the 6.7 owner wants to know what other 6.7 owners are getting for fuel mileage and you have to wade thru 3/4's of the posts from 5.9 owners to see how you REALLY measure up to other 6.7's

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
He is just trying to help out no need to bash the guy and it was just joke no need to get offensive you need to learn to take a joke. I own a 6.7 but I know alot about other engines so I dont want to get bashed for telling someone how to do something with say a 2nd gen. Back to the topic which pretty much has been answered, you can not adjust the speed limiter with the egde but it can show you the correct speed with oversized tires. With my 37 it governs at 119.

·
Registered
213 Posts
so this is a 6.7 owner ONLY forum, i see just because i have a 5.9 i cant even say what mine does without catching feed back. you should talk to the moderators and see if they could put a lock on this forum so unless you have a 6.7 you cant even read or post a reply.
:CRY::butt::CRY::butt::CRY::butt::CRY::butt::CRY:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts