Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to drill into any stock parts or have the MP8 knob dangling from the hood latch release handle, so I went with this setup. What do you guys think?
The light sucks in the 1st pic, so I included another pic without the knob installed to get a better idea of what it really looks like.

Here's a couple of pics of the underhood setup.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i like it. looks good

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
Looks like your Edge threw a piston through the side:hehe:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Looks good. You need to get the spray can from the Dealership so you can paint the gauge pod to match the interior trim :thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Ross, good looking mounting setup. Quick question kinda off topic. With that edge mounting does it look like there would be enough room to put a 3 gauge pod pillar there with it?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.

Glad to help :thumbsup:

Just clean it with an alcohol pad and then spray away. The paint is a perfect match. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to help :thumbsup:

Just clean it with an alcohol pad and then spray away. The paint is a perfect match. :thumbsup:

Is it this stuff? Does it match the A-Pillar or the dash?
MOPAR INTERIOR TRIM PAINT - NATURAL BEIGE ('03-'09 TRUCKS)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Is it this stuff? Does it match the A-Pillar or the dash?
MOPAR INTERIOR TRIM PAINT - NATURAL BEIGE ('03-'09 TRUCKS)

Yep. That is the can. I got my @ the dealership. I had tan interior on my dually. Here is a pick of the Edge painted to match. That particular stock gauge pod came in black.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Yep. That is the can. I got my @ the dealership. I had tan interior on my dually. Here is a pick of the Edge painted to match. That particular stock gauge pod came in black.

I like the overhead pods, that makes a nice clean install :thumbsup:

James
RSD

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ross, good looking mounting setup. Quick question kinda off topic. With that edge mounting does it look like there would be enough room to put a 3 gauge pod pillar there with it?
It's probably close. I have a single gauge SRT-10 A-Pillar in my garage and from the looks of it, I doubt it would work.

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
Hey ROSS, just a bit of advice, i wouldn't mount your MP8 like that, next time you wash your truck you will get water on the board and trust someone who had done it, you don't want to get that MP8 wet!!! mount it vertical and seal the top with a gasket or silicon. if you don't, when you get it wet you won't be able to control the truck, trust me.:whip:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey ROSS, just a bit of advice, i wouldn't mount your MP8 like that, next time you wash your truck you will get water on the board and trust someone who had done it, you don't want to get that MP8 wet!!! mount it vertical and seal the top with a gasket or silicon. if you don't, when you get it wet you won't be able to control the truck, trust me.:whip:
Hmmm. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts