Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used this stack and if yes have you had any problems. superchips told me they have problems with the superchips not retriving the stock tune back or changing tunes once you hook up the edge.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I had it on my 2006, no problems. Ran very strong. Just let a buddy try the superchips. It was fine no knock. I pulled it off after the edge was on and had no problems. Everything went fine.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Banshee, I know you know that 250r's rule but I havn't had any problem's with the Superchip/Edge stack. I've returned the truck to stock a couple times and it's worked great. I heard that some people had problems downloading the SC tune but havn't heard of any problems loading the stock tune back. I love the Superchips, I think its the most drivable tune out there, it might not make the most power but my trucks fast enough I don't need WOT very often. I remember when SC came out with their newest software update and I asked them why, they said they had problems downloading to the AX flash, I told them mine worked great and they said it was very far and few between. Of coarse BD is out, you might want to wait on some feedback for that. Your used to a banshee so you'll probably be okay with the edge for a little bit longer:lol3: When you step up to a TRX you should be able to handle a stack:beer

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am tring to figure out also if both up the timing. i know the mp-8 doesnt. i am tring to figure out if its safe to do both.

·
Registered
721 Posts
NICE!! I have the timing option on my edge, I've never tried it (and probably never will) on the edge timing option. Both the SC and the edge add timing. I don't think the SC adds much timing in the tow mode because I don't get any injector rattle till I up it too the performance setting. Might want to try to email or call Superchips. They seem a little slow to respond to my questions, but they have alway's responded.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I guess I'm the only one running this combo?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I tried the Bullydog stacked with the Edge (both add timing) and I got a rattle at the upper ends as well as ran out of fuel in the rail. It kept cutting out with all 3 chips cranked. It was fun but no to practical for everyday trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts