Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Think the dealer will notice?:T:

Anyone who wanted to see these items. I must say I'm pleased with how it turned out, sounds great, runs even better, and is even getting quick :peelout (drove home in the rain)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Looks good Ben:thumbsup

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help again....as i forgot to mention, above mods props to K2....(sorry about the edge, got it as a bday gift :)

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Very nice install. I just got my A-pillar mount yesterday.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm very pleased with the A-pillar, its actually pretty close in color and holds it well.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thanks for the help again....as i forgot to mention, above mods props to K2....(sorry about the edge, got it as a bday gift :)
Well I guess that is a good reason:lol3:

·
Registered
331 Posts
+ 1 on the A-pillar mount. Matches well and is a perfect spot for the monitor. You can also completely hide the wires. Only thing Is the bolt the holds it in will stick out a little and is not painted. Im sure if it really bothered someone they could paint it.

I also have my MP-8 control mounted to the side of the A-Pillar mount. Works pretty slick and both adjustments can be made in the same spot in seconds.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Huge intake. Gettin my A-pillar from keven soon, how did the install go? Was it fairly easy? Looks great!

·
Registered
331 Posts
really easy

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The Mega Cannon has an oiled filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
is it better to run a dry filter if your in high dirt areas

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've always ran an oiled filter and I live out in the boonies surrounded by constant farming and dust. Never had an issue in 9 years.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Dry vs oiled debate.... I dont think there is an issue with filtration with oiled or with dry. If the oiled version is used by a customer, and he services it properly and re-oils it.... It will filter just fine. Dry filters are a bit easier when it comes to service time. I clean mine with basic FANTASTIC and rinse the dry filter from the inside out with warm water in the laundry tray. Let her dry to a reasonable level and toss it back in. I like the dry filters simply because you dont need to buy service kits with the emulsifying cleaner and oil. Use what you have laying around for the dry filters.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Props on the set up. I did mine exactly the same way. Looks like you couldn't use the screw supplied w/the pillar mount either. The one thing I did different though is I have my MP-8 mounted inside the cab under the dash. Also the screw I used for the pillar mount is countersunk and you can't really see it. Otherwise great job.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Anyone who wanted to see these items. I must say I'm pleased with how it turned out, sounds great, runs even better, and is even getting quick :peelout (drove home in the rain)
Looks great!:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Nice... I have the AFE and MP-8 with the Edge in the Mail.... It seems to be a nice set up! I hope I like it as well as you..

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 CTPAX do you have a pic of your pillar install. I didn't like how the screw turned out and am interested in making it a little more concealed. Appreciate the input guys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts