Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership today and talking to one of the service managers about the 6.7's and he mentioned that this product increases fuel mileage..i have never heard of it but he says he has a customer that uses it on his 6.7 and it increased his truck about 3mpg. i was wondering if anybody has heard of this product at all and if it works..its called eco 3..here is the site Eco-Systems Support

·
Registered
319 Posts
I cant find anywhere on that site where it has a price or shows how it works really? Am I blind?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
:BS:

If this technology really worked why don't they start putting them on all vehicles as a standard feature. IMO it's a SCAM!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
:agree2: Seems too easy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you go to the info tab, then click on the "how it works" icon it clarifies how it works a little..the service manager told me it was about 300 or so but i didnt find a price on the website..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If you go to the info tab, then click on the "how it works" icon it clarifies how it works a little..the service manager told me it was about 300 or so but i didnt find a price on the website..
Google PICC (pre-ignition Catalytic Converter) and you'll get a site that will feed you BS about the same thing then try and sell it to you for $1000!!!

:lol3:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think I would rather spend a little more and just do a FASS

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i think your right..FASS is probably the way to go there..o and geoffgiggy8 i finally got a new pic up for ya..lol :beer

·
Registered
319 Posts
HaHa thats funny I forgot about that! I knew I roo roo looked familiar but the pic didnt:lol3:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey roo roo, does that truck fit in your garage? lol!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man my last one was too tall with the 6" lift..now this one has hips like a 30 year old with 4 kids..:lol3:

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
ECO System FAQ Page said:
Question: How does the ECO System work?

Answer: Our Patented Technology works by enhancing the fuel you are currently using on your fleet or personal vehicle causing it to burn more completely in the combustion chamber. This can easily be proven by an emissions test on Gasoline vehicles to show the decrease in Harmful exhaust emissions such as Hydrocarbons (HC), Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Oxides of Nitrogen (Nox). In Diesels you will notice a substantial decrease in Particulate Matter. The more complete burn means lower emissions, increased power, less hesitation and less fuel. By the fuel burning more completely, you also have less carbon buildup, cleaner injectors and less carbon going into your oil. The ECO System test results show that the Reid Vapor Pressure (The ability of a liquid going from a liquid to a gaseous state) is improved, Gasoline: Untreated 7.6 lbs. to Treated: 8.4 lbs. Diesel Fuel: Untreated 0.6 to 1.0 Actual test reports can be seen by clicking ECO Info and double clicking Test Results.

Question: How much does the ECO System Cost?

Answer: Depending on the type vehicle and size engine ECO Systems retail from $170.00 to Just under $500.00 including the installation kit for most passenger vehicles. Installation charges normally run between $40.00 and $60.00 for most installations. Most of our distributors offer discounts for multiple orders, fleets and municipalities.
Sounds like a different way of doing the same thing the Fitch Fuel Catalyst does. From what i've read that doesn't make a big enough difference to justify the cost on a diesel truck so I doubt this will too.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
My buddy has been selling those for a long time now. He works at a PeterBuilt Dealer. He was telling me about them A few years ago. He was a die hard believer in them. He claimed that the Semis and the big Diesel motor homes picked up Usually 1-2 mpg loaded and 2-4 mpg unloaded. He said the same thing on the Diesel pickups. But the only catch is that on a pickup they did not work until you had at least 50k miles on your truck. He said you will not get any gains on a truck with 0 to 50k miles. I have one at the house that i can not find but i wanted to try it. I am not going to put it on until i have at least 50k on the truck.

·
Registered
788 Posts
ECO-SYSTEMS do not work!!! I work at an autoparts store. I've installed them on SEVERAL different types of vehicles including diesel trucks, and have not had ONE person notice an increase. for the price of the eco go buy a programmer and keep your foot off the go pedal. The whole "catch phrase" of the sale of an eco is how it thins out the fuel vapor through all the brass screens and somehow runs better. But we are DIESELS! We are injecting the fuel into the cylinder at an incredible high pressure it wont matter what we did to the fuel before it goes in the cylinder.

Heres a list of a few....

Girlfriends F150-13mpg avg with eco
Boss's F350 6.0 16.7 on the dash
Friends 00 GMC sierra LOST mileage
Uncles 5.9 cummins, LOST 4 then gained 4 back.
Friends 7.3 No change.
And so many other customers.

They say the 02 sensors take 50 miles to adjust and during that time mileage actually drops. I think its just so ppl forget that they actually have an eco on their truck and then when it returs to normal...it did "improve" the mileage from worse back to normal.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Well i am just going off of what my buddy has told me. i have never ran one because i dont have enough miles on my truck to see the benefits from it. They sell a ton of them and there costumers seem to like them as they have gave them good feedback on them. Most of there customers Drive Semis since they are a PeterBuilt dealer.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Also the Mag Drive Hydrogen Kit is a Screw. Tried it, Got back 2/3's of my money for it. The guy that owns the company is a horrible piece of crap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts